The Thing is a remake in 1982
Horror classic The Thing will be remade after a sensational find
A new attempt is made to film the original story of John Carpenter's The Thing aka Das Ding aus Another World. The studios Blumhouse (Get Out) and Universal should take on the project, such as Bloody Disgusting reports. This time the movie will probably be called Frozen Hell. But one after the other ...
In 1938, science fiction writer John W. Campbell Jr. published the short story Who Goes There? in Astounding magazine. While he had to make significant cuts for publication, the narrative ended up being so influential it was several films from it emerged: The Thing from Another World from 1951, the John Carpenter version from 1982 and a prequel to the Carpenter horror from 2011, which primarily only made a name for itself because of its confused production history. So now the next version is in the works.
Original story rediscovered: More content for the remake
In contrast to many other remake and remake projects, there is a solid reason to redesign the story from scratch. Because when researching a book, the original story rediscovered by John W. Campbell. Her title: Frozen Hell. The only thing known to the public was the aforementioned cropped version, which was sold under the name Who Goes There? went to print.
The complete original version is 45 pages longer and not only adds a lot to the narrative Backstorybut also has some Differences in the plot on. So it is quite possible that with Frozen Hell we are not just a variation of The Thing, but something completely fresh.
In any case, producer Alan Donnes announced in a Facebook post last Friday that the film should contain the best of the first two films as well as both versions of the stories. We can be curious. It is not yet known who will direct and who will contribute the script.
Are you also looking forward to the fact that the well-known story will be filmed again with new content or should it be better to let the story rest?
- What is life like without social network connectivity
- Why is India not dividing
- How do you calm your partner
- Science How is a thermocouple calibrated
- How do we change this world
- Is it cheaper to live in Calcutta?
- Are there poverty ghettos etc. in Norway?
- What is Inheritance Tax in Washington State
- What's so inspiring about Keanu Reeves
- Is an HOA a profitable business?
- Can i use grammar on my phone
- What do you think is social innovation
- Is American State of Emergency a valid claim?
- In what century did Gurukul begin
- WhatsApp is encrypted
- Are indie films better than Hollywood films
- Why should we fear Google because of data protection
- How do you explain diffusion
- How effective is the risk ratio
- What made you a Python language expert
- Where can I see Annabelle Creation
- What defines me the most
- Where does a signal come from
- What is Coldplay's newest album