Were any dinosaurs ovoviviparous
Evolution pp 1-47 | Cite as
- J. Zrzavý
- D. stork
- S. Mihulka
- Hynek Burda
- Sabine Begall
What is evolution
How are evolution and phylogenesis related?
What is Darwinism?
Why were Darwin's ideas so revolutionary, and why didn't someone come up with these thoughts before him?
How do you have to understand the "struggle for survival"?
Is Evolution Purposeful?
Why do animals (and humans) reproduce?
What are proximate mechanisms and ultimate causes?
Why are there certain characteristics or combinations of characteristics in animals, even if they would make sense?
How did genetics influence the theory of evolution?
How have our ideas about evolution developed over the past 200 years?
Who are (and were) the most influential evolutionary biologists?
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Burda H. (2005): General zoology. UTB basics. Ulmer, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Burda H., Hilken G., Zrzavý J. (2008): Systematic zoology. UTB basics. Ulmer, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Crick, F. H. C. (1968): The origin of the genetic code. Journal of Molecular Biology, 38: 367-379. PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Crow J. F. (2009): Mayr, mathematics and the study of evolution. Journal of Biology, 8: 13th PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Darwin C. (1860): On the origin of species by means of natural selection or the preservation of favored races in the struggle for life. 5th ed. John Murray, London. (German About the emergence of species through natural selection or the preservation of the favored races in the struggle for existence. Swiss beard, Stuttgart 1870) Google Scholar
- Darwin C. (1868): The variation of animals and plants under domestication. John Murray, London. (German The Varying of Animals and Plants in the State of Domestication. Swiss beard, Stuttgart 1878) Google Scholar
- Darwin C. (1909): The descent of man, and selection in relation to sex. 2nd ed . John Murray, London. (German Human descent and sexual selection. Swiss beard, Stuttgart 1875) Google Scholar
- Darwin C. The complete work of Charles Darwin online [Internet]. Dr John van Wyhe (director), Christ's College & Dept. of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, 2002. Type of access: www.darwin-online.org.uk/.
- Dawkins R. (2006): The selfish gene. Spektrum Akad. Verlag, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Depew D. J., Weber B. H. (1997): Darwinism evolving. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.Google Scholar
- Fisher R. A. (1958): The genetic theory of natural selection. Dover Publications, New York.Google Scholar
- Flegr J. (2008): Frozen evolution. Charles University in Prague Press, Praha.Google Scholar
- Flegr J. (2005): Evolucní biologie. [Evolutionary Biology.] Academia, Praha.Google Scholar
- Futuyma D. J. (2007): Evolution. The original with translation aids. Spektrum Akad. Verlag, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Count A., Ridley M. (Eds.) (2006): Richard Dawkins: How a scientist changed the way we think. Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Harvey P. (2009): What did Charles Darwin prove? Journal of Biology, 8: 11th PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hentschel E. J., Wagner G. H. (2004): Dictionary of Zoology. Spektrum Akad. Verlag, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Howard J. C. (2009): Why didn't Darwin discover Mendel's laws? Journal of Biology, 8: 15.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Immelmann K. (1982): Behavioral Research Dictionary. Paul Parey, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Jahn I. (Ed.) (2000): History of biology. Spektrum Akad. Verlag, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Janning W., Knust E. (2004): genetics. Thieme, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Kimura M. (1983): The neutral theory of molecular evolution. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. (German The theory of neutrality of molecular evolution. Parey, Berlin 1987) Google Scholar
- Knippers R. (2006): Molecular Genetics. Thieme, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Komárek S. (2008): Obraz cloveka a prírody v zrcadle biology. [The image of man and nature in the mirror of biology.] Galileo, Praha.Google Scholar
- Koolman J., Röhm K.-H. (2002): Pocket Atlas of Biochemistry. Thieme, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Kutschera U. (2008): Evolutionary biology. Ulmer, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Kutschera U. (2009): Struggle to translate Darwin's view of concurrency. Nature, 458: 967.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Maynard Smith J., Szathmary E. (1996): evolution. Spektrum Akad. Verlag, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Mayr E. (2005): That's evolution. Goldmann, Munich.Google Scholar
- Nature + cosmos (popular science journal) .Google Scholar
- Pagel M. G. (2002): The Oxford encyclopedia of evolution. Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Passarge E., Wirth J. (2008): Pocket atlas of human genetics. Thieme, Stuttgart.Google Scholar
- Ridley M. (2003): evolution. Wiley-Blackwell, Cambridge, MA. (German evolution. Birkhäuser, Basel 1992) Google Scholar
- Ridley M. (1996): The Darwin reader. W. W. Norton & Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Ridley M. (1994): A Darwin Selection. Fontana Press; London. (German Reading Darwin: a selection from his work. dtv, Munich, 1996) Google Scholar
- Ridley M., Critchley S. (2006): How to read Darwin. W. W. Norton & Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Skelton P. W., Gilmour I. (1993): Evolution: A biological and palaeontological approach. Prentice Hall, NJ.Google Scholar
- Spectrum of science (popular science journal) .Google Scholar
- Stearns S. C., Hoekstra R. C. (2005): evolution. Oxford University Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- Storch V., Welsch U., Wink M. (2007): Evolutionary biology. Springer, Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- Trends in Ecology and Evolution (Journal) .Google Scholar
- Vesmír (popular science magazine, Czech) .Google Scholar
- Wikipedia (Internet encyclopedia, German, English, Czech). Google Scholar
- Wright S. (1931): Evolution in Mendelian populations. Genetics, 16: 97-159. PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Wright S. (1932): The roles of mutation, inbreeding, crossbreeding, and selection in evolution. In: Jones, D. F. (Ed.), International Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress on Genetics, Vol. 1, pp. 355-366. Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
- J. Zrzavý
- D. stork
- S. Mihulka
- Hynek Burda
- Sabine Begall
- 1. South Bohemian University České BudějoviceČeské Budějovice
- 2. University of PraguePrague
- 3rd abb. General Zoology University of Duisburg-Essen-Duisburg
- What is electricity theft
- About how many unknown elements are there
- What games offer free bitcoins
- Where do I start with GRE prep
- Look beautiful picture mugs
- What does bonafide 1
- How can I debug MEAN applications
- Why do people want to know things
- How are rubber band balls made
- Psychopaths can be crazy
- Contains SciPy NumPy
- President Trump is afraid to attack Iran
- How similar are autistic alexithymia and psychopathy
- What percentage of Twitter photos are geotagged
- How is prostate cancer typically treated
- What are some unresolved issues in DevOps
- When and where was the hamburger invented
- Which Indian celebrities speak English best
- Do you think Mike Shinoda is underestimated?
- What are the startup industries to see
- Which frustrates people at school
- What is the English translation of Jadore
- Why don't we feed the oceans?
- What is SpurtCommerce