What are the uses of tannic acid
TanninsDrug groups / phytopharmaceuticalsPhytonutrients Tannins are drugs that precipitate proteins and have a sealing and anti-inflammatory effect. They are used, among other things, for skin diseases and diarrhea. Most of the tannins are of vegetable origin.
synonymous: astringents, astringentsEffectsIndications
- Inflammations in the mouth and throat (e.g. aphthae, inflammation of the gums)
- Inflammatory, oozing and itchy skin diseases of various causes, e.g. diaper rash, intertrigo, small burns, itching, especially in the genito-anal area
- Teething diseases: measles, chickenpox, rubella
- excessive sweating
1. Catechin tannins
Catechin tannins are oligomeric proanthocyanidins and polymeric proanthocyanidins, i.e. oligomers and polymers of the catechins catechin, epicatechin and other flavonoids. Degradation products are the tannin red (phlobaphene).
2. Hydrolyzable tannins (gallotannins)
Esters of gallic acid and derivatives with sugars and derivatives, e.g. glucose. Example: Hamamelitannin
3. Caffeic acid and phloroglucine derivatives
Derivatives of caffeic acid and of phloroglucinol
e.g. the labiate tanning agents, rosmarinic acid
4. Other tannins
- External: partly irritating to the skin, therefore no use in the eyes
- internally: according to the package insert
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: see information for professionals
- internally: constipation
- external: skin reactions, skin irritations
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 9/30/2012.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- Can a psychopath ethically be a vegan
- Why do new tennis balls smell bad
- May girls submit to submissive men
- Do architectural pillars make a structural contribution?
- What is the intuition behind this solution
- Why should you use the Salesforce client list
- What happens when an anaconda eats poison
- How does a plant breathe
- Should I run for president?
- Why do birds waste their eggs
- Have you ever loved someone the most
- If a doctorate is overrated
- May ocean gold have turned green
- Why is Weight Loss Slow 1
- Where does sports analysis data come from
- What does education 1
- How do I calm my angry wife
- What does bonafide 1
- Is Trump a man of his time
- Make Twitter money by texting
- What are the disadvantages of a greenhouse
- What are some visually stunning data visualizations
- What is the closest airport to Disneyland
- Are you unhappy about being autistic?