Is all sin really the same
Can one sin be worse than another sin, or are all sins the same? [closed]
No, not all sins are created equal.
As a human, you understand that killing someone is more of a sin than stealing $ 5 from their wallet. Could you ever assume that God regards all sins as equal?
God clearly states in more than one instance that He will repay people for what they have done.
Jeremiah 25:14 NIV
They themselves are enslaved by many nations and great kings; I will repay them after their deeds and the work of their hands. "
God is perfect, God is righteous, so God is a perfect judge who will repay all people exactly for what they did.
Yes, all sins are equal in our relationship with God because not a single sin that you have ever done has ever affected God.
Job 35: 6-8 (NIV)
6 If you sin, how does it affect him? If your sins are many, what does it matter to him? 7 If you are righteous, what do you give him or what does he get from your hand?
8 Your wickedness affects only people like you, and your righteousness affects only other people.
As @dancek pointed out, there are also references in the Bible that suggest that not all sins are created equal.
1 John 5: 16-18 (ESV)
16If anyone sees his brother committing a sin that does not lead to death, he will ask, and God will give him life - those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I am not saying that this should be prayed for. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death. 18We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin, but those born of God protect them, and the wicked do not touch them.
No, not all sins are created equal in God's eyes
This is an excuse. This premise suggests that God is imperfect and that you don't need to worry about your sin because God doesn't care. Instead, God keeps making it clear that He will judge you accordingly.
Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. To regret! Turn away from all of your crimes. then sin will not be your downfall.
1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your place of residence. Forgive and act; Treat everyone for whatever they do because you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart).
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged by what they had done.
And more! Revelation 20:12, Ezekiel 36:19, Ezekiel 33:20, Ezekiel 24:14, Psalm 7: 8.
If all sins were equal in God's eyes, God would surely pass the same judgment on to all people regardless of their wrongdoing. But as it is said, God will judge people according to what they have done.
@ Richard, yes, a single sin makes you unjust and a single sin will submit you to submission to God's judgment, but that doesn't mean all sins are equal.
- What's next after technology
- Offers Wells Fargo starter checks
- What is grown in Ethiopia
- What wildflowers are common in Utah
- What do Indians expect from 2014
- User support cost formulas for SaaS applications
- How do you determine yogakaraka in Kundali
- Is wind a supernatural phenomenon?
- How iconoclastic is UChicago
- Which MBA specialization requires more communication skills
- Long-tailed weasels are endangered
- What is the Greek word for lion
- How was Krishna killed
- Will the happiness program really work
- What is the carbonaro effect
- Do some kind of cardio
- Supports the Moto Z VoLTE
- How do you beat Barcelona
- How was your weight loss
- How can I delete all Facebook comments
- What is being tapped to reduce anxiety
- Who are certified financial planners
- What is the best class management software
- Why are degrees in the liberal arts still important