Alberta winters are cold
Winter in Canada
November 24, 2010 |
During our Central European early winter with temperature maxima
around or slightly above freezing point during the day rather wet and cold
hence comes and at night with light (in the temperate
Latitudes by definition 0 to -4 ° C) to moderate (per
definition -4 to -10 ° C), from Thursday for longer periods
Clear up and existing snow cover locally severe frost (per
by definition -10 to -15 ° C), prevails in large parts
Canada, especially in the province of Alberta, for days
The cause of this are so-called cold highs, which come from arctic
Polar air exist, have little vertical thickness and
are superimposed by lower air pressure in the higher atmosphere.
The one that has flowed in and is under relatively high pressure on the ground
Air mass is caused by radiation-induced cooling of the
layers of air close to the ground, especially when the night sky is clear
it gets colder and colder over snow surfaces and ultimately affects the climate
forming. Permanent winter cold highs are therefore encountered
also in Siberia and Antarctica.
Leader in Canadian frost statistics of the past
Night is the village of Linden in the south of the province of Alberta
(51 ° 50'N, 113 ° 28'W, 914 m above sea level) with -40.1 ° C, followed by Bow
Valley on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains (Alberta, 51 ° 05'N,
115 ° 05'W, 1298 m above sea level) with -39.3 ° C and Hendrickson Creek
(Alberta, 54 ° 01'N, 118 ° 24'W, 1448 m above sea level) with -38.2 ° C.
Also those measured widely at lower-lying stations
Temperature minima below -30 ° C currently make Alberta a
Cold pole of Canada.
(A map of the nighttime minimum temperatures as well as the
You can find the ground pressure distribution from November 24, 2010, 06:00 UTC
on the right under "Topic of the day" under [more].)
Dipl.-Met. Thomas Ruppert
German Weather Service
Prediction and advice center
Copyright (c) German Weather Service
© German Weather Service
- Why are there so few old trees
- Is the Prevagen Memory Supplement actually effective
- Objective C is a multi-paradigm language
- Fake views for YouTube should be banned
- How do I survive in Fortnite
- How does Halal certification affect international sales?
- What is SpurtCommerce
- At what age do puppies become protective?
- How do you say in Swahili?
- Can you hide a like on Instagram
- Should I install iOS 12?
- How to initiate an effective debate
- What are some unique things about Orissa
- What is cross-price elasticity
- Why can't New Yorkers make NYC cleaner
- Could quantum computers cause a technological singularity?
- What is the history of rock
- Why do musicians wear headphones at concerts?
- Is sea water suitable for drinking
- How is this used in a sentence
- How do I convert paraxylene to benzene
- Who is Hrithik Roshan 1
- What are the connected peers on Bitcoin
- What is the Schumanns frequency
- Your body gets tired easily
- Why can't helicopters travel transatlantic?
- 2096 is the last leap year forever
- When will Croatia join Schengen?
- How do I become Bernie Bro
- What is ICT and Class Management
- Which Mavel film is the best
- How can you make a campfire quickly?