Why are applications so long
How long does an application have to be?
If you have found a suitable job posting, the application follows. The question arises as to how long the application should be. You want to be as convincing as possible and include all your qualifications and knowledge. But put yourself in the shoes of the HR department: Often times, a whole series of applications are received that have to be worked through. A dissolute cover letter is more of a deterrent.
Short, concise and to the point
In this case, less is more. Your application should be positively remembered by the HR manager. Highlight selected successes that are relevant to the position and highlight your motivation for the job. Do not write down your entire résumé in sentence form; you are anticipating too much. Leave out what is not relevant for the position. The basic rule is: Write one or a maximum of two pages and state in a simple, clear and compact way why you are particularly well suited for the position.
Use a sans serif font and a font size of 10 or 12 pt. The line spacing should be 1.2, or even better, 1.5 lines. It is important that your writing is legible. It is therefore not recommended to compress a long cover letter onto one page with a small font and missing paragraphs. All the important and interesting information can also be put on one page without tiring your counterpart with too many details and poorly legible formatting. Nested sentences with plenty of commas and the excessive use of foreign words should also be avoided. Show that you can express yourself clearly and precisely. Make a good impression by highlighting your strongest arguments and making the HR manager curious about your further documents.
- What sounds revolutionized the recording and production of music
- Why is democracy expensive
- Where can we experience centrifugal force
- Is modern science superior to witchcraft
- Which is better LastPass or 1Password
- Why is honey good for your voice
- Can the Samsung Galaxy S9 VR do
- Corruption is an integral part of the human constitution
- How are kites made
- Why is jazz music so bad
- How can I learn to make meat
- Why should I apply to St. Stephens
- How can I become a religious woman
- What is the difference between requirement and specification
- How is pollination done in aquatic plants
- What are unredeemable preference shares
- Why is Zoho popular
- Who does sentiment analysis in Spanish
- Should I thank my previous mentor
- What separates the stars from each other
- Do you have an egg head
- How does childhood affect marriage?
- Can you replace the GPU cooler
- What should you not believe about the Caribbean?