What is the density of cow dung
Before the cow dung is turned into useful articles of daily use, methane is generated from it in a biogas plant, which is converted into up to three megawatts of electricity per hour in a block-type thermal power station. Locatelli uses the heat contained in the cooling water of the power plant to heat the yard and stables. What is left of the manure in the biogas plant is sold as fertilizer or processed into the products mentioned at the beginning.
The architect Luca Cipelletti helped develop the material. The odorless remains of the cow excrement are mixed with clay. For this purpose, further waste products from the farm not mentioned by name are added to the raw mass. The handcrafted Merdacotta tiles are a reinterpretation of the classic Tuscan terracotta tiles, which can hardly be found today as true handicrafts, as the production is almost exclusively industrial.
The tiles made from Merdacotta show a simple originality. They have a warm reddish color and are available in two formats: as a hexagon with an edge length of 8.5 cm and a weight of 1.5 kg and as a square with an edge length of 30 cm and a weight of 4.5 kg. They can be used inside and outside, as wall or floor covering. The cow dung tiles and utensils can be purchased at the Museo della merda founded by Gianantonio Locatelli in Castelbosco (see surfing tips).
Expertise on the subject
News / Products
Tiles made from rubble
One of the largest groups of waste in Germany in terms of quantity is mineral building rubble. Although the vast majority of around ...
News / Products Archive
Glass tiles from old televisions
Of the nearly 49 million tons of e-waste generated worldwide each year, the United States, with 9.4 million ...
Baunetz Wissen tiles and slabs sponsored by:
- What is self balancing technology
- How can we betray our siblings
- How can every sin be removed
- How do I sleep well
- Who is the Prime Minister in Odisha
- How warm it gets in Phoenix
- What is vegan mulch
- Why do Ugandans want to be famous
- Should I dye my hair blonde
- How do you develop research creativity
- What is Crownit
- What kind of writing pays off the most
- Which search engines use artificial intelligence
- Who uses real-time operating systems
- Who are the Semites 1
- An amateur can easily operate a crossbow
- What was the first 3D animated film
- What are the best UK city breaks
- Die 2D platformer
- How can I separate drugs from blood
- What are the health benefits of wheat
- How do you earn an apprenticeship qualification
- What kind of chemistry is alchemy
- How good is Santa Clara University