How long have you been an alcoholic
Our The brain stores these experiences and from now on recognizes a beer bottle or a wine glass as positive stimulus. Just looking at alcohol in photos can reactivate the addiction memory even after many years without alcohol. The desire for alcohol increases. And with it the risk of relapse. In therapy, alcoholics learn to deal with these stimuli. Researchers cannot yet say for sure whether our addiction memory can be completely erased. **
How are alcoholics treated? ***
“The first step is the most important,” say people who have been addicted to alcohol themselves. Convincing alcoholics to stop drinking is difficult. Get advice and tips on thishow to help others.
The sooner someone recognizes their problem, the better the chances of getting the disease under control. Important to know: In Germany, the social security agencies, i.e. health insurance or pension insurance, cover the therapy costs. The Treatment usually takes place in four steps:
It all starts with discussions with the experts at a counseling center. The point is to find out if you have a drinking problem and how big it is. Then the participants plan the next steps together.
Step two is withdrawal. The patient's body is detoxified on an outpatient basis in the therapy center or as an inpatient in the hospital. The addicts no longer drink alcohol. Your body often reacts to this with severe withdrawal symptoms - from sweating and tremors to convulsions and hallucinations. Since some of these symptoms can be life-threatening, doctors monitor the withdrawal.
Physical withdrawal is followed by mental weaning in a treatment center or hospital. In various therapies and self-help groups, those affected learn to live without alcohol again. The main thing is to understand the reasons for your own alcohol consumption and to practice alternative behaviors.
- Follow-up care:
Towards the end of the treatment, the patients clarify with their therapist how to proceed at home and at work. Often those affected have to rebuild their social network that they have neglected due to their addiction. Relapses are common and part of the learning process. That is why doctors and patients work together to define measures for an emergency.
In Germany there are more than 1,300 facilities that specialize in the counseling and treatment of addicts. If you Help because you have a problem yourself or are very worried about others, this advises you BZgA info phone - also anonymous:
Phone: 0221 892031
Mon - Thu 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri - Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- What is the negative point of the dowry
- What are indestructible shoes made of?
- What can a 1991 Mazda Miata do?
- Why is Photoshop needed
- God means luck
- Should I buy dumbbells or kettlebells?
- Electric cars are low-maintenance
- Which crypto currency should I mine in 2018?
- Why shouldn't small businesses give discounts?
- Can the president withdraw someone's security clearance?
- Why is Belarus so small
- When was America greatest?
- Why is nitrogen gas used in airbags
- Who deserves more geologists or auditors?
- Where will the G7 2019 take place
- How can I start loving myself?
- How much do mini computers cost
- How does Google Traffic know about traffic
- What's the best album of 2019
- What is linear regression 1
- What are the benefits of being Swedish?
- What are the top blogger networks
- What is Crownit
- Can a narcissist admit guilt