What are adjustable magnetorheological dampers
The new coupling principle "MRF ball coupling" is a combination of a ball safety coupling and an axial MRF actuator. With mechanical ball safety couplings, the torque is transmitted via balls that are held in recesses by cup springs. The stronger the spring force, the higher the clutch release torque. With the MRF ball coupling, the holding force applied by the spring is supplied by an axial MRF actuator. This is constructed similarly to a single-tube shock absorber. A coil creates a magnetic field in the gap between the tension and compression side and prevents the MRF from flowing through the gap. As a result, the piston of the actuator is blocked and thus provides the required holding force. As a functional demonstrator, a torque wrench was set up at Fraunhofer LBF, which confirms the potential of the coupling concept.
The advantages over conventional safety clutches are the adjustable release torque of the clutch during operation and the EMERGENCY STOP function. Compared to MRF disc or MRF bell-shaped couplings, the MRF ball coupling impresses with its lower energy requirement, better temperature behavior and a significantly lower drag torque. One disadvantage is that targeted slip operation is not possible (e.g. 50% slip). Furthermore, coupling is only possible at a standstill without additional technical measures. As part of the Fraunhofer System Research Electromobility (FSEM), a safety coupling based on this coupling principle is currently being developed for the motor-generator unit of the AutoTram test vehicle (see Fig. 2). It sits between a 180kW V8 diesel engine and a generator. The motor delivers a maximum torque of 560Nm, the maximum speed is 4000rpm. The power requirement of the coupling is only 6W.
Potential areas of application for the MRF ball coupling are fast-switching safety clutches, for example in machine tools, conveyor systems or for automotive applications.
- Helps reading while sleeping
- What is meant by financial analyst
- What is easiest to wash
- There are natural blondes with brown eyes
- Why can people not appreciate themselves
- Why are parents biased towards their children
- Was Adolf Hitler an outsider
- CM Trader is a scam
- Can solar panels be 3D printed
- What is 2 1 5 36 5
- Why is Teradata losing its popularity
- Mohammad Rafi's son is a singer
- Is semen an abusive word
- Does GNDU Amritsar offer an MBBS
- How is chemical energy stored in cells
- What are bad credit loans?
- Why aren't wolves eaten by humans?
- Is YoyBuy real
- Misanthropy is immoral
- Why don't teachers like Wikipedia
- Which is the best control cable company
- How can a star fruit kill you
- Who introduced lethal injections as a death penalty?
- If 53 27x 37 what is x