What is the procedure to get married
Marital eligibility procedure
What requirements do foreign citizens have to meet in order to get married in Germany?
If a foreign citizen wants to marry in Germany, the requirements for marriage are determined by the law that applies in his home country (home law). One should think here, for example, of the minimum age required for a marriage or whether the fiancé's previous marriages have effectively been divorced. This regulation is intended to prevent the foreign fiancé from being considered married in Germany but not in his country of origin ("limping marriage"). It is particularly important for the future children of the spouses that a marriage concluded in Germany is also recognized in the country of origin of the foreign parent.
What is a certificate of marital status?
A certificate of marital status certifies that a foreign fiancé fulfills the requirements for a marriage with a certain other person under his / her home law. It is of practical importance that the person willing to marry is single or that a previous marriage has been effectively dissolved. In order for a certificate of marital status to be recognized in Germany, it must have been issued by the competent home authority (e.g. registry office) of the foreign fiancé. Certificates of marital status are currently among other things. issued by the following countries: Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Liechtenstein Luxembourg, Mozambique, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Tanzania, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary.
What is the purpose of the exemption from submitting the certificate of marriage eligibility?
Certificates of marital status are not issued by all foreign countries. In order to enable nationals of these countries to get married in Germany, the need to provide a certificate of marital status can be exempted in individual cases. The presidents of the higher regional courts or, in Berlin, the president of the chamber court are responsible for this. In the exemption procedure, instead of the foreign authority, these offices check whether the intended marriage is prevented by an obstacle to marriage under the domestic law of the engaged couple. If this is not the case, the exemption will be granted.
- Did Apollo astronauts use a computer mouse
- What should every football fan know
- What is pure psychology
- How to get famous on Instagram 1
- How do spray tans work
- What is service charge
- How does the Whisper app make money
- Who are the most underrated Indian actors
- What's your favorite phish tour
- Laughs good or bad in sleep
- Why are there no writings from Jesus
- How are roommates allocated in IIT Kharagpur
- What's in your main photography kit
- Are drinks allowed in Uber
- Why do religious people commit crimes
- What does maple syrup cost
- What is freefall acceleration
- What are the differences in emphasis
- Which hedge funds invest in startups
- How can learning history change the world
- How do you market a webshop
- Should the UFC stop testing for steroids
- What are the government departments in the US
- Are smoking breaks unfair to non-smokers?