What does bell number mean
The history of the Seifriedswörther church bell goes back to 1469. Now it is ringing in Bergen.
Seifriedswörth - The records of churches are often completely available and go back several centuries. Others lack the relevant documents, have disappeared for a variety of reasons, or not everything was recorded. Subsequent research is often difficult or inconclusive. Important parts of a church are the bells, which were often replaced.
The church bells of the Seifriedswörth parish church, a former branch church of the Oberbergkirchen parish, were missing documents from the 15th and 16th centuries. Research remained inconclusive; the latter was undertaken a few years ago by the parish council chairman Mathias Kirmeier and chaplain Michael Manhardt, who in the meantime had even been nicknamed "bell pastor".
Private person can find documents about the oldest bell
Now, however, documents came out that had been made available by a private person, including a list of the bells from the Vilsbiburg district office from 1918. It lists the following bells. Bell one: year of manufacture 1521, weight 250 kilograms. Bell two was cast in 1521 with a weight of 200 kilograms. Bell number three with the year of manufacture 1469 and 125 kilograms and one from 1821 with 100 kilograms. The latter had to be delivered for the war in 1917.
+++ Editor's tip: Do you already know our free after-work newsletter? The top topics of the region by e-mail at 5 p.m. - carefully researched and written down by your OVB editorial team. Try the newsletter now! +++
Parish archivist Anton Harsch was delighted with these documents and was thus able to close the historical knowledge gap. He reports that in 1928 the oldest bell (from 1469) was sold to the parish of Bergen (Diocese of Eichstätt) for the St. Sebastian chapel, which did not have a bell. This old chapel was demolished at short notice in 1972, before the Monument Protection Act came into force. The bell came to the parish and pilgrimage church Heilig Kreuz in Bergen, which is also listed in the German Bell Atlas Bavarian Swabia.
Anton Harsch was able to convince himself on site and the local district nurse Dr. Manfred Veit was again surprised at the news of a historical document, since a home book is being created there and this means an important entry. He assured me: The bell is still rung on certain occasions.
Bell from 1521 shattered on the ground
The bell from 1521 with a weight of 200 kilograms was sold in 1928 to the Grub branch (Miesbach district), part of the Helfendorf parish near Aying (Munich district). This bell also survived the Second World War there. Anton Harsch was able to personally convince himself in Grub that the bell is there and that it is still ringing. Among other things, church caretaker Huber and his wife were present during the tour. This church administration was also grateful for the traditions.
There is also a letter here that the pastor Petrus (only known first name) wrote to Pastor Kaspar Sollnberger in Seifriedswörth. "Dear friend and compatriot, you simply load the whole object onto your vehicle and gondola with it, carefully and wisely, and in this way you can convince yourself that the bell will be given a good place and will be honored".
The bell from 1521 weighing 250 kilograms was removed from the tower in 1924. But the rope broke and only debris remained. In 1924, four new bells were raised by the Landshut bell foundry, which had to be returned during the Second World War. After this time, five new bells were purchased, which ring on schedule today.
- Broadway actors can have tattoos
- How can boxers prevent cauliflower ears
- Is Cognizant better than Infosys
- How diversified should my investment portfolio be?
- How does the Sony's TrackID app work
- Why doesn't Flickr offer an option to buy
- Where in mountains should I get lost?
- Hostel is compulsory at NIT Agartala
- Where are the Bethesda Game Studios located
- Which mobile app bytes the most
- What is automation and robotics
- Nothing is a word
- Is US healthcare inherently racist?
- How do I fix schizophrenia
- What does a good presentation mean?
- What is your favorite chain restaurant
- What was wrong with the Kaveri engine
- What is the full form of 2FA
- How do people watch movies online
- At what temperatures do they wear shorts
- How can I be like Chris Evans
- When will the iPad OS be released?
- What is the PhD hierarchy in Capgemini
- Are smoking breaks unfair to non-smokers?
- What kind of creature is an Ortolan
- What is psychic self
- What do you think of Emir Radoncic
- Have you ever forgotten to bring something?
- Where did engineering take you?
- Why is honey good for your voice
- How do I keep my friendships forever
- Can websites see my router address
- Behind its imagination is everything that exists
- Medical records can be used in court