What does Spatial Relationship mean on CNN
Relationship between convolution in math and CNN
Using the notation from the Wikipedia page, the convolution in a CNN will be the core from which we will learn some weights to extract the data we need and then maybe apply an activation function. G.
On the Wikipedia page, the folding is described as
(f ∗ g) [n] = ∑infm = - inff [m] g [n - m]
Suppose the function is f and b is the convolution function g, einfbG
To solve this we can first use the equation by flipping the function vertically based on the - m appearing in the equation. Then we calculate the sum for each value of n. While changing n, the original function does not move, but the convolution function is shifted accordingly. From n = 0, b- mnnn = 0
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 0 ∗ 0.25 + 0 ∗ 0.5 + 1 ∗ 1 + 0.5 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0 = 1
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 0 ∗ 0.25 + 1 ∗ 0.5 + 0.5 ∗ 1 + 1 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0 = 1
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 1 ∗ 0.25 + 0.5 ∗ 0.5 + 1 ∗ 1 + 1 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0 = 1.5
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 1 ∗ 0 + 0.5 ∗ 0.25 + 1 ∗ 0.5 + 1 ∗ 1 = 1.625
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 1 ∗ 0 + 0.5 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0.25 + 1 ∗ 0.5 + 0 ∗ 1 = 0.75
c  = ∑ma [m] b [−m] = 1 ∗ 0 + 0.5 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0 + 1 ∗ 0.25 + 0 ∗ 0.5 ∗ 0 ∗ 1 = 0.25
As you can see that is exactly what we get on the plot c [n]. So we shifted around the function b [n] over the function a [n].
For example, if we have the matrix in green
with the convolution filter
Then the resulting operation is an element-wise multiplication and addition of the terms as shown below. Very much like the wikipedia page shows, this kernel (orange matrix) g is shifted across the entire function (green matrix) f.
taken from the link that @ Hobbes reference. You will notice that there is no flip of the kernel g like we did for the explicit computation of the convolution above. This is a matter of notation as @Media points out. This should be called cross-correlation. However, computationally this difference does not affect the performance of the algorithm because the kernel is being trained such that its weights are best suited for the operation, thus adding the flip operation would simply make the algorithm learn the weights in different cells of the kernel to accommodate the flip. So we can omit the flip.
- What is the Russian word for stress
- Which automaker made Pontiacs
- Communication is a liberal arts major
- Ain't god good
- Why is it important to teach vocabulary
- Will Antarctica ever be warm again?
- Which college is there for the NSEC
- What are some personal energy management tips
- What software is used for seismic analysis
- What are spring wedding trends for 2016
- Can you decipher the word LNEI?
- What's your experience with Wooden Street
- Can I learn AP World History myself
- Is shock therapy still being used?
- Are you homesick for England?
- What are the tests done before TKR
- Are video cameras allowed in nursing homes?
- Is Hyundai Creta a rugged SUV
- Psychopaths What are your current interests
- Your father loves you
- What is the value of 498
- How can someone have an imperious presence
- What are some sentence examples with ingenuity
- How do you open a can
- What is the average temperature for Florida
- At what temperatures do they wear shorts
- Can i invest in Ujjain MP
- Why are managers needed in a hotel
- What people are doing wrong about socialism
- How can I find out my talents
- Which crime begins with the letter S.
- Will cause nerve damage to itch
- What is a 1619 project