This classic car is worth it
When is an H mark worthwhile?
If you own a well-preserved classic car, you can benefit from an H license plate.
The license plate can enable you as a vehicle owner to save on vehicle tax.
However, the historical label does not promise financial advantages in every case.
Historical license plate with flat tax
The H license plate, also known as the H number or oldtimer license plate, can be assigned to vehicles that have a Minimum age of 30 years exhibit. This must also be in a good state of preservation are located.
This type of license plate was introduced in Germany to promote the preservation of historic vehicles.
The oldie license plate allows a flat rate for the vehicle tax, regardless of the engine size and the exhaust properties of the vehicle. This incurs annual taxes of 191.73 euros, for motorcycles it is 46.02 euros.
To classify the vehicle as automotive cultural asset (official name) the vehicle must meet other requirements - in addition to the minimum age and good condition.
The vehicle must be largely in its original condition. Add-on parts and accessories may also only correspond to the equipment and taste of the time.
Modern LED lamps are therefore taboo. Exceptions usually apply to components that increase safety.
For example, retrofitting seat belts is not a problem, and the same applies to better brakes.
Other modifications must be proven to have been carried out over 30 years.
An example of this is the addition of a spoiler in the 1970s.
For example, if an Opel Manta can be proven to have been rebuilt and tuned at the time. Then this does not necessarily represent an obstacle on the way to the classic car license plate.
To classify the vehicle as a motor vehicle cultural asset, it is always necessary to present it to a test center (e.g. at TÜV).
Here an expert assesses the vehicle and checks its condition. The corresponding vehicle acceptance is always an individual decision.
H mark is not always worthwhile
The oldie license plate usually promises savings in vehicle tax, but this does not apply to all vehicles.
Especially for large-displacement vehicles and vehicles with poor exhaust emissions, the regular tax rate would be well above the flat rate for the H license plate.
The historic license plate therefore brings real advantages to the owner of a large Ami sledge with a large-capacity V8. The situation is very different with vehicles with a small displacement, for example an old Fiat 500.
Here the regular tax rate, which is calculated according to the displacement, is even lower than the tax rate of the H number due to the small engine.
Even vehicles that have just passed the age limit for issuing a historical license plate are sometimes cheaper on the road with a normal registration.
This is mainly due to the fact that many vehicles that were developed and produced 30 years ago already have exhaust gas cleaning by means of a catalytic converter. Owners of such vehicles, which are sometimes perceived as youngtimers on the streets, should therefore compare the tax rates.
Some insurers offer particularly favorable tariffs for vehicles with an H number, so-called classic car insurance.
In this context, savings are possible for the classic car owner in connection with a historical license plate.
With the oldtimer license plate in the environmental zone
In addition to possible financial savings, there is another advantage associated with the historic license plate.
Vehicles with an H-label are allowed to enter environmental zones even if they do not have the required environmental sticker.
For most classic cars, it is not possible to obtain such an environmental badge due to the high requirements.
For classic car owners who live in an environmental zone or who frequently drive into environmental zones, the H number can therefore also be worthwhile. Even if it does not lead to savings in road tax.
A new license plate is due
When the historical license plate is issued, an “H” is added at the end of the previous license plate.
A new set of license plates is therefore required for the vehicle in question. When registering for a new owner, of course, as with any normal license plate, the
Allocation of a license plate of your choice possible.
In the case of classic cars, combinations of the vehicle manufacturer's abbreviation and the year of construction of the vehicle are particularly popular.
For example, “VW 69H” for a 1969 Volkswagen, or “MB 73H” for a 1973 Mercedes-Benz.
- How can I learn to make meat
- How do I become heartless and emotionless
- Are you a born leader
- What are opposition leaders in Canadian politics
- Why does stage fright bother people
- Which is the best note taking app
- Which engineering degree should I aim for?
- Will I ever get famous
- Fraudsters can get email accounts
- Apex Legends is already dying of popularity
- How was the AWS Cloud set up so quickly?
- How do you rate the Reliance AGM 2020
- How can I become a compulsive draftsman
- What is an Arecibo message
- What are the functions of efferent fibers
- How did Gujaratis plundered India
- Why is some material not perfectly elastic?
- How do you wear leather pants
- How can we avoid conflicts of interest
- How can a teenager write for money
- Who are the Ambani brothers
- InstaForex Broker is trustworthy
- Are drinks allowed in Uber
- How does the finger sensor work
- Why do people reject simple sustainable energy
- What are your favorite progressive rock songs
- What are the practical areas of psychology
- Can there be negative frequencies and wavelengths
- What are some ways to stop hyperhidrosis
- How is tretinoin used to treat acne
- Who is Savion Freud
- What onomatopoeia are used in Mandarin
- What's your favorite old school album