America is too prejudiced against the old
WHO: Every second adult is biased against the elderly
In an EU study in 2012, a third of those over 65 stated that they had already experienced age discrimination. According to the WHO, the consequences for those affected can be considerable: their lives can be shorter and their health worse. They could also recover more slowly from physical limitations and mentally break down more quickly. The WHO defines "older people" as those over 50.
People are sometimes withheld from medical treatment because of their age or retired against their wishes, said Alana Officer, WHO's "Healthy Aging" officer. They are not taken into account in medical studies, although they are often the main users of the drugs later. "Age discrimination reduces the quality of life of the elderly, leads to social isolation and loneliness," the report said. It could also lead to poverty and financial insecurity.
Age discrimination therefore also exists against young people. The WHO definition is: "Age discrimination occurs when age is used to categorize and classify people in ways that lead to harm, disadvantage and injustice and undermine solidarity between generations."
- Is the Redmi 2 camera good enough
- What is Spathology
- What if I sleep 4 hours a day
- Who designed Flowingdata com
- How should a Christian see sex education
- When did video editing start
- Why are people so easily misled?
- How is Amazon Kindle Paper White
- What is a constant volume pressure ratio
- Which is better an mSATA or SSD
- Why did parasitic plants evolve?
- How do I find out the electricity costs
- What is the minimum wage in Kuwait
- What is DNA Extract
- How do I learn cadence software
- You can use local yeast for baking
- Is it possible to do telekinesis?
- What is your definition of knowledgeable
- How do I become Bernie Bro
- Why is 54 your favorite number
- Are there poverty ghettos etc. in Norway?
- What is colic abdominal pain
- An amateur can easily operate a crossbow
- Why is online shopping famous
- Which hedge funds invest in startups
- Is there an online coaching for SSC
- When are the sales at the end of the season exactly
- How would you describe William Shakespeare
- What training do police officers need
- How to calculate 10 2 8
- How can I read a sample language
- How do you beat Barcelona
- What does RC stand for
- How do I protect an idea