How is online learning different
Web Based Training vs. E-Learning vs. Blended Learning
What is the difference between web based training and e-learning? What are the advantages and where are the disadvantages? And what does that have to do with traditional learning? We compare the most important learning methods that rely on digital support.
What is e-learning?
E-learning is the generic term for learning with digital media. So it includes everything from instructions in Word to virtual training with VR glasses. If this is too broad for you, you can find more detailed explanations here.
E-learning is diverse. Therefore, the reasons for using it differ significantly from each other. Learning on the smartphone is more flexible than on the PC, augmented reality is more complex than video learning.
But some advantages apply to all types of e-learning:
- No costs: Instead of sending employees to expensive seminars, they learn inexpensively from the workplace or from home.
- Learn at your own pace: Most online courses teach the content bit by bit. If you learn quickly, you hurry. Those who need more time take it - and then memorize the content in the long term.
- Keep in mind: Virtual training courses offer more opportunities to convey teaching material. Storytelling prepares the dry topics in an understandable way, alternation between tests, active and passive phases drives away boredom. This way, the motivated learners stay with them!
A plus point for international companies: Anyone who has developed a training course can easily use it in other countries after it has been translated.
Some companies shy away from introducing e-learning. Your worries: Too expensive, too unusual, too inefficient.
In fact, an initial investment is required. But this often pays off when the next conference trip is saved. In addition, inexpensive e-learning environments take the fear of high prices away from beginners.
Learn more about the cost of e-learning here.
There is also the concern that there is no teacher in virtual seminars who can help with questions. However, this is only the case with poor implementation. Forums or live questionnaires integrated into the learning platform make up for the missing teacher.
Web based training
Definition | The difference to e-learning
Web Based Training (WBT) is a form of e-learning. It specifically describes the courses that take place online. Accordingly, saved offline courses fall out of the definition. Instead, this is about virtual workouts that you access via the browser or an app.
Advantages of WBT over e-learning
Since the content is on a server, you can access it anytime and anywhere. This makes web-based training even more flexible and mobile than e-learning. Learning on the way to work? No problem!
Any number of participants can train on a central learning platform. Whether one person or a thousand - the effort to create and pay for seminar groups is eliminated. Nevertheless, the environment allows a group dynamic. Through the Internet connection, the learners receive a live answer, updates do not pass anyone by, new content is automatically activated.
Due to the online function, web-based training is somewhat more complex than offline learning. New infrastructure is required, such as a learning management system. From here you call up the content. If you would like to create virtual training courses yourself, you also need the appropriate skills in the team.
We are happy to do this work for you! Now look at how we design successful web-based trainings for our customers.
- Why are beach weddings so popular
- Why are organic compounds insoluble in water
- Ghosts stare at us at night
- Why did tech stocks crash in August 2019
- How to hack something
- Corruption is an integral part of the human constitution
- What is a senpai
- Is mitochondrial DNA haploid
- Will China be the king of 5G?
- How do I block all noise
- Michael Jackson was a good actor
- Will Antarctica ever be warm again?
- Is the Prevagen Memory Supplement actually effective
- How are speed limits calculated
- How is the normal breakup process
- How Can Ecommerce Sellers Improve ROI?
- Why do you think you are depressed
- A doctorate in computer science is worthwhile
- What is a double bill
- How is the nature of evil determined?
- What is the richest city in Estonia
- Can someone find God
- What is Metallica's longest song
- Why is networking important in college
- How do you make the unbearable bearable
- How does China see Mongolia?
- What is the liberal order
- How do I get international return postage
- Thyroid gland may develop while losing weight
- Why do physicists need philosophers
- What's the point of using Logstash
- Why and where are theses used
- What makes you angry
- What is the most dangerous mythical animal