Has white chocolate theobromine
Chocolate poisoning (theobromine poisoning) in dogs and cats
Theobromine is an ingredient from the group of so-called methylxanthines, which can be found in cocoa beans, but also in coffee or tea. The bitter-tasting substance has a stimulating effect similar to caffeine, but it is much weaker than the methylxanthines in coffee.
Cocoa beans are the basis for cocoa powder and chocolates and theobromine is contained in different amounts depending on the type of product. The largest amount of theobromine is found in cocoa powder for baking (14-26 mg / g). Dark chocolate with 90% cocoa contains 26 mg / g, dark chocolate 5-8 mg / g and milk chocolate only 1.5-2 mg / g. Baked cocoa in the household therefore poses the greatest danger.
Symptoms of poisoning arise in dogs after ingestion of 250-500 mg / kg body mass, in cats at 200 mg / kg body mass. Small dogs with a great appetite for chocolate are therefore particularly at risk.
White chocolate contains almost no theobromine, as the cocoa powder is extracted during the production of the cocoa mass.
Theobromine has a stimulating effect on the nervous system, while humans tolerate this "waking effect" well without major side effects, this stimulation is too much for the nervous system of most animals, they react with balance disorders, gait anomalies, tremors, palpitations and epileptic seizures.
- How does the layman define psychology
- Watch the weather forecast
- Perception can be measured
- When do teenagers ask who I am
- How are traditional Belgian clothes made
- How is urea produced in humans
- Would you prefer to play Minecraft or Fortnite?
- How do current engineers beat arrogance
- Medical records can be used in court
- Why are consonants produced when something opens?
- How many Bolsheviks were there in 1917
- What do translation services mean in libraries
- How is astrology helpful 1
- Why are AAP supporters so delusional
- Memory can exist without emotion
- Works the Dome Theater in Wadala
- Is digital art better than physical art
- Can dogs eat hello chew
- What are split inversions
- How has IBM changed since its inception
- Why is Kamal R Khan even tolerated
- What do Koreans think of Uyghurs?
- What are spam filters blocking
- How do I remove blackheads very actively