What's so special about North Dakota
The population of North Dakota has a large proportion of German ancestors. Due to the fertile plains, the country on the Canadian border also developed into one of the main suppliers of grain, cattle and turkeys. All interesting facts about economy, politics and history.
- North Dakota became a US state before South Dakota because it comes first in the alphabet.
- The US state is one of the largest producers of grain in the US.
- The voting behavior of the population has shown a clear trend for a long time.
Bismarck - North Dakota is like its sister state South Dakota in the former tribal area of Sioux Indians. The Sioux language and tribal groups mainly include the Lakota and the western and eastern Dakota. The US states take their name from the Dakota.
The official nickname of North Dakota is "Peace Garden State", as it is around 9.5 square kilometers on the border with Canada International Peace Garden (= International Peace Garden) is located.
North Dakota - a quick trip into history
The history the settlement of North Dakota begins in 1738 with the fur trader of French descent La Vérendrye from neighboring Canada. He was one of many subsequent Europeans who traded with the Sioux.
In the following 150 years up to founding of the US state, this part of the United States was relatively quiet with very few settlers. That only changed with the construction of the railway lines Northern Pacific Railroad and Great Northern Railroad At the end of the 19th century.
The railroad construction and the associated land sales attracted settlers from Europe. Especially people of German origin from Russia were drawn from the Volga to the fertile plains of the Dakota Territory. Many inhabitants of this region still have German ancestors today.
On November 2, 1889, the US states of North Dakota and South Dakota were founded. There was a dispute over who should be put on the list first. Ultimately, the alphabet decided.
North Dakota - Geography and Climate
North Dakota is in the north of the USA, on the border with Canada. Montana is to the west, South Dakota to the south, and Minnesota to the east.
The US state consists in the west of the rugged hill country of the Badlands and the arid Great Plains. In the center are the Missouri plateau and the drift prairie with small hills and lakes. To the east lies the fertile Red River Valley.
North Dakota has a typical continental climate with hot, dry summers and freezing winters.
North Dakota: These cities are particularly populous
North Dakota owns many great ones Cities. The most important are:
- Fargo with 105,549 inhabitants
- Bismarck with 61,272 inhabitants
- West Forks with 52,838 residents
- Minot with 40,888 inhabitants
The capital Bismarck is the second largest metropolis after Fargo.
North Dakota Population Composition
The US state North Dakota has around 672,591 inhabitants. The population is made up of different groups:
- 89 percent white
- 5 percent indigenous people
- 3 percent Hispanic
- 2 percent African American
- 1 percent others
North Dakota - That drives the economy
North Dakota is a leader in agriculture. Although only ten percent of the population working in this economic sector, the US state is the main supplier of wheat, barley and sunflower seeds. Livestock breeding also plays an important role with cattle and turkeys.
Other influential areas of economy are the production of crude oil and natural gas as well as wind energy on the areas of the Great Plains.
North Dakota also has the lowest unemployment rate of any US state at 2.2 percent.
North Dakota: This is how the state behaves in the elections
The voting behavior in North Dakota shows a clear line. Both elections of the President in this rural state since the 1960s republican won the day. This is unlikely to change in the 2020 presidential elections.
- Why was Ephesus important to Christians
- What happens when the habeas corpus is exposed
- Is dry oatmeal good for our health?
- How can I make RDP more secure
- How do you know what you deserve
- How is a nuclear reactor dismantled
- How is the special theory of relativity connected with spacetime?
- Paula's Choice really works
- Why did AOL take over Adap TV
- What is economic honor
- What do you like about Nigerian girls
- Which distilleries can I visit in Colombia
- Life as a doctor is always tough
- Can I afford to move out?
- Can I get PG in Guwahati
- What is your favorite type of egg
- How was your experience with Alaska Airlines
- What is meant by financial analyst
- Why should I choose invisible braces?
- Who taught McCartney how to play bass
- How does the G protein activate adenylate cyclase
- How can BRTS be successful in Amritsar
- Who pays the dowry
- If Hillary comes in, she can win