What does LS mean on a tire
The American Department of Transportation, which gives it its name, requires a series of information about the structure of the tire, which can be found in the form of numerical codes on the sidewall. Most of the time, however, this refers to the tire's manufacturing date, which can be found next to the DOT.
In order to be able to determine the age of a tire, the date of manufacture is embossed in a frame on the tire (see picture).
Over the decades, the way in which the date of manufacture was displayed changed.
Tires manufactured before 1980 were marked with a Roman number indicating the quarter and the year.
Between 1980 and 1989, a three-digit code was applied to the tires for identification. The first two numbers indicate the manufacturing calendar week and the third number indicates the year.
From 1990 to 1999 the coding was exactly the same as in the years 1980 to 1989. The differentiation was made possible by a filled triangle in the date marking.
Since 2000, the date of manufacture has been made up of four digits. The first two digits indicate the week of manufacture, the last two digits the year of manufacture. The marking, as shown here in the picture, means: The tire was manufactured in the 29th calendar week of 2002.
Tires from 3 years of age are labeled as DOT goods on tyre24.
see also "How old can a tire be"
- What is life again
- How many Lyft drivers are there
- Why is a mega-quake of strength 20 impossible
- What is 14 in binary representation
- Are homosexual people sexually attracted to themselves?
- What is cross-price elasticity
- Is Himalayan rock salt good during pregnancy
- What is prague
- What are some ways to shrink shirts
- Who is Abraham Lincoln personally?
- Can a parent be accidentally verbally abused?
- Which banks use AI
- What causes fin rot
- Who needs to retire from the NBA
- Digital clocks need algorithms to work
- What is the recipe of lasagna
- How can you study ethical hacking
- What is RFC 5424
- Should smartphones be viewed as telephones
- Why does Listerine burn so much
- How do I work with a CEO
- What is a melanistic creature
- How can our community be developed
- What was the name of Pavlov's dog