Who is the top actor from Assam
Life & Work
The daughter of a tea plantation owner in India was the golden girl of the "Swinging Sixties" in England, who perfectly embodied the sexual permissiveness of this era. Christie John Schlesinger, who temporarily worked as a model, caught the eye with her extraordinarily suggestive look and her bitter erotic charisma. This led Christie, who was already the best young actress for “Beloved Spinner”, to success in “Darling”, in which she played a career-hungry photo model, and to the Oscar for best leading actress. With that she was ripe for a career as a star and wrote herself in film history as Lara in "Doktor Schiwago". Major films of the years included "The Lady of Thornhill" and "Fahrenheit 451" in which she appeared in a dual role.
The highlights of her filmmaking are the beautiful and lazy country nobility in Joseph Losey's masterpiece “The Mediator” (1971), the Englishwoman who declines to the mysteries of Venice in “When the Gondolas Bear Mourning” (1973), in which she and Donald Sutherland make one of the most sensual love scenes of the Film history played, and the brothel owner who succumbed to opium in Robert Altman's western "McCabe & Mrs. Miller" (1971).
At times, the consciously scarce Christie withdrew from film to run a farm in Wales. Her seven-year liaison with Warren Beatty, at whose side she was the enduring lover in "Shampoo", made headlines. Christie later campaigned for environmental protection, appeared in feminist productions ("The Gold Diggers"), under James Ivory ("Heat and Dust"), in Argentine films ("The Passions of Miss Mary"), in the German TV Multi-part series “Fathers and Sons”, as Hamlet's mother in Kenneth Branagh's “Hamlet” and as an out-of-fashion, unhappily married starlet in Alan Rudolph's love dance “Love Whispers”.
After several years in which Christie could only be seen in independent productions - if at all - she found her way back to the big screen with a cameo as Madame Rosmerta in Alfonso Cuarón's "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban". Further supporting roles followed as Achilles ‘mother Thetis in Wolfgang Petersen's“ Troja ”and as a resolute grandmother in Marc Forster's fairytale“ When dreams learn to fly ”. In 2007, Christie starred in Sarah Polley's compelling study of an Alzheimer's disease woman, "By Her Side."
Julie Christie received the CineMerit Award during the Munich Film Festival.
films and series
Videos and pictures
News and Stories
Remake of "When the gondolas bear mourning" planned
Hollywood will probably try a replica of the great classic with Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland.
Robert Redford - lead actor and director in "The Company You Keep"
The last time in front of and behind the camera was the now 76-year-old Hollywood actor in Von Löwen und Lammern 2007. His last film as a director, The Lincoln Conspiracy, was only two years ago. We are of course talking about screen legend Robert Redford, who will return to theaters on September 6, 2012 with his latest film The Company you Keep. But first ...
Robert Redford in good company
Robert Redford's historical drama The Lincoln Conspiracy, which is currently being shown in German cinemas, met with little approval from audiences in the USA, even if one or two critics knew how to please the court drama. For his next flick The company you keep the omens are nevertheless favorable, because on the one hand Redford has a knack for political thrillers, as he did in the course of his ...
Stephen Root in "The Company You Keep"
After "The Lincoln Conspiracy", which will soon be released in German cinemas, actor Stephen Root will be back in front of the camera for Robert Redford and will take on a role in Neil Gordon's novel "The Company You Keep". Shia LaBeouf, Brit Marling, Julie Christie, Richard Jenkins, Susan Sarandon and Nick Nolte can be seen by his side. Director Robert Redford, who today ...
Often searched together
- Is it wrong to hit your kids?
- What are the benefits of raising livestock
- How do I get started with numerology
- How much storage space does Spotify have
- Is life a force
- Can an orthodontist test for oral cancer
- What is a function in algebra
- Who would win Brock Lesnar or Ryback?
- What are some shortcomings of HTML5
- How can I improve my learning techniques
- What are CRM tools
- What is your earliest memory of donations
- Alon Amit knows everything about math
- Which is a Moto E original battery
- Which is better Matchbox vs Hot Wheels
- Why do governments lie so much
- Why is architecture seen as the most difficult path
- How are materials separated from garbage during recycling
- When do we really need to panic?
- What is divided by four equals eight
- How does the Hulu process work
- Used Arjuna Vajra
- Is Islam a religion or a culture
- What do you prefer to meditation
- What's so bad about north Philadelphia
- How is the trading margin calculated
- What are the best poems for Mother's Day
- What kind of gifts do parents love
- How did Abraham die
- Which is the most comfortable sofa bed
- The Minoans were black
- What motivates you to get up and shine
- How does a conspiracy theory begin