How do I set up Amazon Echo
Amazon Alexa: change WiFi - this is how it works
If you want to change the WiFi connection of Amazon's Alexa, you can do so easily via the app. In this article we will explain how to proceed.
If you have a new WLAN or want to log Alexa into a friend's network, you have to change the WLAN connection. Thanks to the Alexa app, which can be downloaded free of charge from Google's Playstore and Apple's App Store, this is quick and easy.
How to change the WiFi connection on Echo devices
Just follow these five steps.
- Start the Alexa app and check whether your Amazon device is connected to the power grid.
- Tap on the gear symbol in the lower right corner and select your Amazon Echo from the list.
- Tap the button To change next to the point WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS and choose Connect to WiFi. Your Amazon device should now glow orange. If this is not the case, press and hold the action button with the dot on the model for five seconds.
- Select a new WiFi network in the app and enter the password for the network if requested.
- Now your Amazon Echo connects to the new WiFi network and you can use your device as usual
Warning: Amazon Echo devices connect to dual-band WiFi networks (2.4 GHz / 5GHz) that use the 802.11 a / b / g / n standard. Ad hoc networks (peer to peer) are not supported.
You can find out how to connect your Amazon device to a WiFi network for the first time in our article Connect Amazon Alexa to WiFi - How it works.
Amazon Alexa: changing WiFi does not work - that helps!
If there are problems changing your WiFi network, check in the app settings under WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESSwhether your Echo model is connected to the network. Also update the firmware of your router or modem. Restarting the devices often helps. Then follow the steps above again.
- Is the Nissan Kicks reliable
- Guitar pickups are really important
- What are students with special needs
- Is civilization in decline
- Is Chick Fil A overrated
- How big are the teeth of the dinosaurs
- Which cameras can do double exposure?
- What qualifies as big data
- What are you currently working on
- Are PCs a symbol of renegades?
- Are telecommunications engineers really engineers?
- Where can I study space technology
- How do I get over someone quickly
- Assistive technology is helpful for seniors
- What did Terry Pratchett die of
- Looking for pragmatic marketing templates
- Is can or can't correct
- How important was Halley's comet to science
- What is an escape tunnel
- What is the referee ranking in the ICC
- Why are emotions illogical
- What is amorphous substance
- Is AIDS a communicable disease or not
- Our brain has always dreamed