Have you ever eaten a shark
Six facts about sharks
The shape and function of the teeth vary widely depending on the diet: Sharks, which hunt seals and other mammals primarily, have sharp, serrated teeth that they can use to tear out pieces of meat. Sharks that eat fish have long, pointed teeth to hold their slippery prey better. Sharks, which look for food on the ground and mainly feed on crustaceans, have thick, plate-like teeth with which they can crack the hard shells of their prey. Gentle giants like the whale shark or the basking shark have many tiny, rather useless teeth, as they feed on plankton, which they filter through their gills.
2. The sixth sense
Sharks have a sixth sense organ with which they can track down their prey using electromagnetic fields and which probably also serves as a kind of compass.
The so-called Lorenzini ampoules consist of hundreds of pores in the skin around the shark's snout and head, which open into tiny, gel-filled ducts and open into small ampoules. These cavities contain electroreceptors that transmit electrical stimuli to the brain via nerve tracts. Every living being generates bioelectric fields through its muscle activity and electrochemical body reactions, which surround it like a low-frequency hum or an aura. These fields are very weak and can only be perceived from a very short distance. Sharks use their highly sensitive sensory organ to use the electric fields to track down flatfish buried in the sand or to locate prey swimming by.
- How can I help stop the slaughter of horses?
- What food do you serve during onam
- Is Bengali a gender neutral language
- For what reasons did deficit spending start?
- Is a connection optically active?
- Justin Bieber's voice moves you
- Are expensive cell phones really that good
- Where is PKI used
- How do peroxisomes interact with other organelles
- Do you believe in confessing your sin?
- How did goodwill start
- Who hates Donald Trump
- When and where was the hamburger invented
- What are the most inspiring stories of all
- How many HubSpot partners are there
- What is the best cooking machine
- Why does my mix sound so hard
- Why is the pi circumference divided by the diameter
- What is a natural alternative to methamphetamine
- Is it possible to buy Ahrefs
- How do I get paid at Eyeem
- What is the resulting force in physics
- What are good recipes with soy pieces
- Ning is still actively being developed