What are Intel Skylake Processors
Intel: 19 Skylake processors will be discontinued
Intel has given the go-ahead for the discontinuation of the Skylake processors in the form of Celeron, Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7. There are successors based on Kaby Lake (Refresh) and Coffee Lake (Refresh), the basis of which is still almost identical. As a result, there is no more space for 19 CPUs from 2015.
The following processors from all price ranges are being discontinued:
- Celeron G3900, G3900T, G3920
- Pentium G4400, G4400T, G4500, G4500T, G4520
- Core i3-6100, 6100T, 6300, 6300T, 6320
- Core i5-6400, 6400T, 6500T, 6600, 6600T
- Core i7-6700T
As can be seen from the list, some processors, which are mainly used by OEMs, are not yet affected. These include the Core i5-6500 and i7-6700, the i5-6600K and i7-6700K were already discontinued in 2017. The smallest Core i3-6100 and the Celeron G3900 have an extended lifecycle that extends beyond March 6, 2020 thanks to their use in the embedded area. Then the Skylake processors now named by Intel should no longer belong to the active portfolio and the last CPUs should be delivered.
In the end, Skylake was a complete success for Intel
The Skylake architecture based on 14 nm production is one of the most successful that Intel has ever launched as a CPU manufacturer. This is also due to the constant postponement of 10 nm products that are more than three years behind schedule - this was the only way to keep Skylake alive for so long. The result was various offshoots.
All current processors from the Coffee Lake Refresh family with eight cores are basically still Skylake, and the intermediate steps were also sales successes. Coffee Lake brought six cores for the first time, Kaby Lake, the first refresh from Skylake, offered high clock rates. The Skylake architecture is also used in the server environment with, among other things, a slightly modified cache architecture, where a refresh will also follow in a few weeks, Cascade Lake-SP.
- Volker Rißka Email... has been writing about CPUs, their architectures and manufacturing processes as well as mainboards and RAM since 2002.
- What is the best yoga teaching insurance
- Is can or can't correct
- Barack Obama has a dark side
- What Makes Curly Hair Curly
- What is the County of Richardson TX
- The voters need wisdom for voting
- Who uses real-time operating systems
- How can IoT technology help the environment
- Which is the worst side in Gurgaon
- How much does a coffin cost at Costco
- How would artificial selection affect evolution?
- Enjoy reading clickbait articles
- What did you learn from babysitting kids
- Armenians visit Ani these days
- Who were the people who became knights
- How do breakpoints work in C.
- When do teenagers start to mature?
- What are the particles present in light
- How does a gretsch drum sound
- What is site maintenance
- Where can I find Marathi films
- What is Captain Hook's weakness
- What happens afterwards when someone is paralyzed
- How will stray kids be without woojin