What is lingua franca 2
Lingua franca (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Traffic | language, Plural: Traffic | languages
- IPA: [fɛɐ̯ˈkeːɐ̯sˌʃpʁaːxə]
- 1) Linguistics: the spoken colloquial language in early New High German times
- 2) Linguistics: Language used for communication between speakers of different mother tongues
- Determinative compound Traffic,Joint element-s and language
- 1) Compensation language
- 2) Language of communication, lingua franca
- 1) “Wettin's position in power politics leads to a significant expansion of this form of language, which on the one hand finds its continuation in the East Central German dialects and on the other hand the basis for the late medieval dialects Traffic and businesslanguage represents, which developed with a decisive influence on the emergence of the New High German written language to the Upper Saxon colloquial language. "
- 1) "For this complex system» relict mouths - basic mouths - city mouths - Lingua franca - Standard language "with all its intermediate layers, for this multi-dimensional slide system of Austrian German, what was said above for the dialects applies overall: It is not a system of discrete, dissociated subsystems, but a linguistic continuum.
- 1) About the East Central German-speaking area: “There should be a Lingua franca have developed, which have all the traits of a mediating balancing language between North (Lower) and South (Upper) Germany. "
- 1) “In some circles and families, from that time on, people started talking to each other in the respective national language and others Common language of the Christians. "
- 2) “The international Common language serve the purpose of removing the obstacles that the difference in languages poses to traffic in a larger area. "
- 2) "The left column indicates (in millions) the number of native speakers who use this language as official or official language. Lingua franca speak…"
- 2) "With" second language "(L2) is the Lingua franca in the extra-family environment that does not correspond to the first language. "
- 2) “If the third linguistic integration follows the pattern of the two preceding ones, then standard Chinese should ultimately become Russian and English as one worldwide Lingua franca complement or supersede. "
- Nominative: singular Lingua franca; Plural Common language
- Genitive: singular Lingua franca; Plural Common language
- Dative: singular Lingua franca; Plural Common language
- Accusative: singular Lingua franca; Plural Common language
- English: 2) lingua franca
- French: 2) langue véhiculaire (Female)
- Galician: 2) lingua franca (Female)
- Italian: 2) lingua franca (Female)
- Catalan: 2) llengua vehicular (Female), lingua franca (Female)
- Portuguese: 2) língua franca (Female), língua de contato (Female)
- Spanish: 2) lengua franca (Female), lengua vehicular (Female)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„French second Lingua franca in Saarland? A good goal, but not very realistic, said the Minister of Education.“
Saarbrücker Zeitung, November 3rd, 2019
„Russian must continue Lingua franca stay, said the spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry. The reaction in Tashkent was cold.“
Moscow German newspaper, June 23, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Lingua franca: Linguistics Medieval lingua franca, widespread in the (eastern) Mediterranean region, based on Italian with influences from other Romance languages, Arabic and other languages; Linguistics in general any lingua franca that is used as a means of communication in multilingual areas in contact between speakers of different mother tongues
- World language: a language that is preferred in international life because of its prevalence and the achievements, political or economic influence of its sponsors
Another word (synonym) for lingua franca - source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "lingua franca":
language: ... state language, daughter language, tonal language, dead language, universal language, original language, lingua franca, intermediary language, full language, world language, world auxiliary language, target language ...
Amharic: and the administration, but has developed, at least since the era of Mənilək II., into the most important lingua franca of Ethiopia, which is spoken in almost all cities of today's Ethiopian state, 28 so that 10% should represent a strong underestimation. ”African studies
Interlingua: ... mathematician G. Peano (since 1903) redesigned Latin in order to make it usable as an international lingua franca ... In this way it is achieved that one learns this ...
Middle Low German:… Middle Low Franconian Examples of use: 1) Middle Low German was the lingua franca of the Baltic Sea region during the Hanseatic period. 1) What was that called in Middle Low German? 1)…
second language:… Examples of use: 1) My second language was Latin. 1) "With" second language "(L2) is the lingua franca in the extra-family environment, which is not the first language ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Traffic language" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Verkehrsssprache/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Here you can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "lingua franca" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Common language (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Traffic | Spra | chen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Traffic statistics (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular traffic statistics; Most traffic statistics ...
Traffic statistics (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ver | kehrs | sta | tis | ti | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Traffic jam (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular number of traffic jams; Most of the traffic jams ...
Traffic jams (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ver | kehrs | staue Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Traffic jams (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ver | kehrs | stau | en Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Traffic jams (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subforms: Traffic jams Hyphenation: Ver | kehrs | staues…
Traffic jams (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Genitive Singular: Traffic jams Hyphenation:…
Traffic road (German) Verkehrsstrasse is a different way of spelling Verkehrsstrasse, which is only used in Switzerland and in ...
Roads (German) Verkehrsstrassen is a different way of spelling traffic routes, which is only used in Switzerland and in ...
Traffic road (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die Verkehrsstraße; Most of the roads ...
- How do you open a can
- Should Tibet become a sovereign nation again
- Is the RuPay payment option safe
- Teavana goes out of business
- Why is architecture seen as the most difficult path
- Who raised Hercules?
- Why does capillary action occur in the soil?
- What is the communist manifesto
- Which is the worst side in Gurgaon
- Is Scooty Shifting easy by train
- How can you safely store crypto currency offline
- Are side books important for the 11th grade
- What are some of the biggest hits of apples
- What lazy habit improves over time
- Which non-English singer is your favorite
- What are food grade metals
- UFOs were found
- What is X 2 x 3 1
- How is George Martin doing these days
- How can I restart the USSR
- Habib Fanny speaks French
- What are jobs like engineering
- What is special about imaginary numbers
- What is INFDS file information data structure