What is the peschitta
This website has as aim the tight one Description of the Peschitta of the NT.
But it's just that starting point for a second, more important task, namely the presentation of the Sinai SyriansSee an older text that threatens to disappear in the shadow of the Peschitta.
Because the equation "Peschitta = Aramaic Bible = Jesus' words in the original form" is certainly not correct, if this impression can also be obtained from a number of publications.
("Peschitta" was the common name in German theological literature. In the meantime it has been replaced by the English form "Peshitta". The "Peschitta Projekt Deutsch", the aim of which is translation, has retained the form that is particularly widespread in Germany .)
A informationtoall Aramaic Gospelsso that the reader can form his own opinion should be given. This results in six sub-items: Diatessaron, Vetus Syra, Peschitta, Philoxenia, Harklensis, Evangeliarum Hierosolymitanum (= Palestinian-Syrian version). "Peschitta" gave the website its name at the beginning and is also presented in more detail. "Philoxenia" and "Harklensis", on the other hand, are only briefly defined.
On the parent page"Aramaic Gospels" will be Diatessaron and the Vetus Syra (= "Old" Syrian manuscripts with their two representatives).
The bottom"From the Peschitta" is dedicated to the Peschitta in short the Philoxenia and the Harklensis.
It stays for the last bottom nor the"Palestinian-Syrian version" left.
"Ad fontes" (to the sources) is a basic concern that is taken into account in all information.
Because I cannot and do not want to present the entire Syrian tradition, I limit myself to general statements John 3, 1-5 (Nicodemus) to give a first impression.
The Johannesstelle is also at"Shibboleth" consider where the name is explained and an introduction is given.
Under "Merx" the opinion of a scientist is presented on 3 sub-pages Merx 1, Merx 2, Merx 3, who considered a manuscript of the Vetus Syra to be the oldest accessible Gospel text.
„Lamsa " was convinced that the Peshitta and the most faithful tradition about Jesus must be equated.
The whole point "Shibboleth" ("Merx" and "Lamsa") was created for reasons of clarity and is not listed under "Aramaic Gospels.
- What is the net worth
- Why are signatures required for eBay deliveries?
- Why don't most people judge themselves
- People resist evolution
- How do companies choose a CEO
- Should I see Star Wars Rebels
- Is Python the new Java
- Will rising bond yields hurt stocks
- How is Unacademy for the SBI PO
- What is the full form of MSI
- Will HTML5 ever overtake native mobile apps?
- How do I access my YouTube account
- What skills does film music require
- What lazy habit improves over time
- How has the language evolved over time
- What's the address of Bob Barkers
- Why are Democrats taking over Colorado
- What would Alan Moore's worst job be?
- Authentic journalism died
- What is 12 3 1
- How did Cersei sexually abuse Tyrion
- Our brain has always dreamed
- Will aid Gendry Baratheon in Daenerys' conquest
- Psychopaths What are your current interests