How do people work during chemotherapy
How does chemotherapy work?
Many types of cancer can be successfully treated with one today. However, many people are very afraid of the side effects of treatment. As a rule, cytostatics not only attack cancer cells, but also healthy cells that divide quickly. These include blood-forming cells, hair cells, the cells of the mucous membranes in the mouth and throat area and in the digestive tract. In the short term, this can lead to hair loss, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, as well as infections in the mouth. However, these side effects can often be prevented or the symptoms can be alleviated: Blood transfusions help against the consequences of one, which primarily include tiredness and exhaustion. So-called antiemetics - remedies for nausea - can often relieve nausea and vomiting. or antifungal drugs (antifungal agents) may protect against or treat infections.
How severe the side effects are varies. Some people tolerate cytostatics better than others. Possible complaints also depend on the dosage and the respective active ingredients. In addition, not all chemotherapy treatments cause serious side effects, and most are short-term. As a rule, hair grows back after the treatment, mucous membranes and blood formation recover.
In young people in particular, side effects can sometimes only occur after treatment has ended. Since it cannot be ruled out that sperm or egg cells are damaged by one, it is recommended to use contraception as safely as possible during treatment.
The side effects a person can have and whether they are permanent or only occur during treatment also depends on the type of cancer, the type of cancer and the treatment regimen.
- Is Switzerland a safe place to live?
- Why is architecture seen as the most difficult path
- What are some unique Indian sweets
- Are there any good universities in Romania?
- Why was Path launched without Facebook integration
- How do I replenish my water table
- Which is better kisses or hugs
- Will bleach water go bad
- Assam is a terrorist area
- How do you improve your personality
- Can you do 20 pull-ups?
- Is Goldman Sachs racist
- What are the chemical properties of carbon
- How much storage space does Spotify have
- White Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste Actually
- Is it true that there are safe bets?
- What is a direct blood transfusion without bank details
- What is the most durable gas car
- Where can I get good book reviews
- What are the free hours for DJs
- Can I give oatmeal to my dogs
- How are investment banks organized
- How is intellectual property moral
- Do you hear daft punk
- Make dragons exisr
- Is Obamacare still in effect
- Do you like butter
- Which vegetable name ends with RA
- Loud people are also secret
- Should be darts in the Olympics
- What is a good hungry iOS development company
- A mutation may provide cancer resistance