Have you ever had a sausage bun?
The Best British Sausage Roll Recipe 2021 - Todo web media
The bratwurst is a perennial hit in both British and Irish cuisine, and it's easy to forget what a clever thing it is. You can make sausage rolls from small canapes to large, long chunks. They pack well in a lunch box, picnic basket and where would a British party be without a plate or two. So often overlooked, it's time again to celebrate the British sausage roll.
Use good quality sausage meat if you can make a tasty snack full of flavor. If you can't find good meat then buy your favorite UK sausages and squeeze the meat out and discard the skin. Using this method is also a great way to create fillings for your sausages with different sausages. There are so many styles and flavors. The choices are endless.
Puff pastry or shortcrust pastry that is used for the buns is a debate that is raging, although puff is often the one that is used; The flakes of butter and the seasoned meat go so well together.
Sausage rolls are so quick and easy to prepare that they freeze well. So why not make a big batch?
What you need
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 ½ cups / 750 g roast (or meat from your favorite sausages)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium-sized free range eggs
- 25 oz / 750g puff pastry (you can use shortcrust pastry if you wish)
How to do it
Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C. / Gas 6
- Put the onion in the vegetable oil in a pan for about 7 minutes.
- Place the sausage meat in a large mixing bowl, add the onion mixture, two eggs and season with a few twists of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix well until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and evenly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a rectangle measuring 20 cm x 25 cm (8 "x 10"). Cut lengthways into 2 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Shape the sausage meat into 4 long sausages the length of the dough strips. Place each sausage in the middle of each baked good. Beat the 3rd egg in a basin and brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Fold the dough over the meat filling to form two long buns. Then turn the sausage roll over so that the seam is underneath. Lightly brush the surface with beaten egg.
- Cut the rolls into 1/1/2 "/ 4cm lengths - you can adjust the length of the roll you want, for a canape size you can make small rolls. Place the sausage rolls on a greased baking sheet and in the preheated oven for 20 Cook for minutes or until golden brown.
- Pack in your picnic basket, lunch box, or just eat and enjoy when cool.
- What is the cause of rolling thunder
- Can tourism help reduce poverty in Africa?
- How is the work culture in SEBI
- Will Obama ever support Bernie Sanders?
- What is social group work
- Is civilization in decline
- Why doesn't Trump just arrest Mueller
- How much memory do PS5 games require
- Who are America's opponents
- What do unbelievers believe in?
- Are social media audits useful?
- What is absolute decoding
- What are five Swedish words to know
- What is digital marketing and its scope
- What are some disturbing nursery rhymes
- Does religion have an evolutionary advantage
- Every Peruvian lawyer has experience moving to Canada
- What makes you angry
- Who is the Most Underrated Voltron Paladin
- What is 10 4x30 6
- Why is Congress exempt from FOIA
- A management degree after language certification is required
- Damaged guavas people with kidney disease
- Would you change the airplane seats for money
- What is the rank of commander?
- How do you rate the Reliance AGM 2020
- What are the uses of LED circuit boards
- Who is the father of Babur
- How do you say Lust in Thai
- What kind of socket is that
- What is the main reason for numbness
- How do I make a movie projector
- What great things can we achieve alone
- Like dear Spartans Apollo