How do I sleep soundly at night
Sleep well in five steps
Lying in bed, thoughts circling, the restful calm just doesn't want to come. Every fifth German complains of insomnia. Good sleep is absolutely necessary in order to keep the human body functioning properly. Because at night the organism recovers and regenerates. The good news: you can use the whole day to prepare for a good night's sleep.
1. During the day
Move: Exercising regularly will help you sleep better. Otherwise the body will demand back the lack of activity at night. Exercise should end two hours before bedtime.
Going out: Morning is the best time to soak up the sun and fresh air. A study shows that night sleep is better then. Alternatively, you can use your lunch break for a walk in the fresh air.
2. in the evening
Media: You should avoid television, computer or smartphone right before going to bed. The high proportion of blue light on the screens prevents the body from producing the sleep hormone melatonin. Blue light filters weaken the effect, but do not avoid it entirely.
Coffee:Caffeine is taboo in the evening. Coffee, black tea or cola stimulate brain activity and delay falling asleep. You should avoid drinks containing caffeine at least four hours before bedtime.
Alcohol: The best way to get a good night's sleep is to stay sober. The after-work beer makes you tired at first, but alcohol shortens the deep sleep phases and lets you wake up early.
Eat: Do not eat hearty meals in the evening. These stimulate the metabolism and overload the stomach. As a result, it is harder to fall asleep. Salad and raw vegetables are difficult to digest and also not recommended before going to bed.
Stop smoking: You shouldn't smoke before going to sleep - nicotine is a stimulant that disturbs sleep. By the way: Smokers who give up their habit sleep better once the withdrawal symptoms have been overcome.
3. Just before bedtime
Relaxation: Those who relax before going to sleep reduce stress and sleep better. Create sleep rituals such as a little meditation, soft music or an evening walk. In general, try to avoid stress in the evening, for example by agreeing with the family that problems should only be addressed in the early evening.
Bedtime: Only go to sleep when you feel tired. Every 90 to 100 minutes we go from being tired to being awake. The intervals in which you are tired should be used for bedtime. Sensitive sleepers rest better if they always go to bed and get up at the same time.
- How did Karl Marx see it?
- How dangerous are redtail boas
- Wireless headphones increase your earwax
- What makes the truth come true
- Is Aamir Khan an alcoholic
- Should I use MongoDB for cloud computing?
- Why do certain feelings never go away?
- Why is Ujjain Kumbh Mela called SIMHASTH
- IBM manufacturer laptop in 2019
- How important was Halley's comet to science
- Is Digitalize India real or fake
- Is Sharekhan Brokerage good for a beginner
- The ketogenic diet can be harmful
- Can celiac disease be reversed
- Do you know my hometown
- How do Weedmaps and Leafly make money
- Tupac was depressed
- What are the best language productivity apps
- How is the fee structure at SVCE
- Should people pay hackers who use ransomware
- Why does portable air conditioner blow warm air
- Can I get PG in Guwahati
- What is the freezing temperature of CO2
- Why is the appearance of cosmetic products important
- What is a routing number
- How does lamination come about
- What are the nicest websites
- How to say rescue in Indonesian
- Will Zimbabwe ever be a liberal country?
- What is Accidental Food Additive
- Australian rules football is based on rugby
- Will Quora ever do a lite version?
- Beyond meat, is healthier than beef
- What is chromosome 7