Milkshake is healthy
Milkshakes: Healthy additional meal for seniors
A study by the German Nutrition Society (DGE) already indicated in 2012 that people who only eat meals from "Meals on Wheels" risked deficiency symptoms. There are still comparatively few fresh products such as lettuce on offer, said Ulrike Arens-Azevedo, as President of the DGE in 2019, compared to 45 minutes. Salad, raw vegetables or fruit salad would be good, "because then you can be sure that the corresponding vitamins [ ...] remain".
Nutritional information is often missing
Another problem with "meals on wheels": Many customers do not even know how high in calories they eat every day, criticizes Silke Schwartau from the Hamburg consumer center. However, customers with diabetes or allergies in particular need detailed nutritional information in the menus.
Vitamin and mineral supply with shakes
Smoothies or milkshakes made from fresh vegetables and fruits are good sources of vitamins. Nutrition expert Arens-Azevedo recommends these shakes from the mixer as a supplement to their diet, especially for seniors. The DGE recommends three shakes that are quick and easy to mix. The information relates to one shake for one person.
Strawberry and banana shake
- 25 g strawberries
- 25 g bananas (fresh)
- 2 ml lime juice
- 100 ml milk (1.5 percent fat)
- 2 g of sugar
Preparation: Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Peel the bananas and cut into pieces. Put all ingredients in the blender and puree.
Nutrient: 88.4 kcal energy, 3.89 g protein, 1.8 g fat, 13.5 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 0.1 mg vitamin E, 0.06 mg vitamin B1, 22.6 μg folate, 19, 2 mg vitamin C, 125 mg calcium, 23 mg magnesium, 0.3 mg iron
Raspberry kefir mix
- 30 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g kefir (1.5 percent fat)
- 20 ml of fruit syrup
Preparation: Wash the raspberries and then mix them together with the kefir and raspberry syrup. Chill well before serving. The kefir mix is a refreshing drink for in between and also tastes delicious with strawberries or cherries (fresh or frozen).
Nutrient: 140 kcal energy, 3.7 g protein, 3.6 g fat, 20.8 g carbohydrates, 1.4 g fiber, 0.3 mg vitamin E, 60.9 μg vitamin B1, 14 μg folate, 8.5 mg Vitamin C, 137 mg calcium, 25 mg magnesium, 0.7 mg iron
- 100 g cucumber (fresh)
- 30 ml cream (30 percent fat)
- 50 ml milk (1.5 percent fat)
- 3 g dill (fresh)
- Iodized salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 5 ml lemon juice
Preparation: Peel the cucumber and roughly cut into pieces. Wash dill. Put all ingredients in the blender and puree. Finished.
Nutrient: 76.2 kcal energy, 3.4 g protein, 4 g fat, 6.1 g carbohydrates, 1.1 g fiber, 0.4 mg vitamin E, 54.5 μg vitamin B1, 22.3 μg folate, 13, 5 mg vitamin C, 115 mg calcium, 20.6 mg magnesium, 0.5 mg iron
How good is "Meals on Wheels"?
For seniors who can no longer cook, there is "Meals on Wheels". Hundreds of thousands of people in Germany receive such a meal every day. How good is the offer? more
This topic in the program:
45 min | 02.03.2020 | 22:00 O'clock
- What are the characteristics of the Maya civilization
- What is an underestimated advance in medicine
- Infrastructure Why are there several traffic lights
- Why does India not have young executives?
- How much can Android possibly develop further
- Why can't I get an MVC to work
- What is N and L in electricity
- How many cars does VW sell each year?
- Does Sikhism originate in Sikkim?
- What shouts Im Rahul Gandhi Fan
- What are the theories of working capital
- How do we make out in the cinema
- Is aluminum foil a good silencer
- Why are my nails soft and pliable?
- Why do high schools give us homework
- Which app is best for medical mnemonics
- Where can I find AI for companies
- Why don't we use microprocessors in supercomputers
- Is the shape of our ear unique
- How to make fried okra
- Dissolves silicon dioxide
- Why does Cajun spice taste very salty?
- What is the best guitar under 10000 rupees
- Has Zimbabwe done enough to control inflation