Have you had any business ideas
This is how you develop your business idea as a self-employed person
Finding the right business idea for the self-employed is often not easy. Everyone has probably had a great idea - but it is not always suitable as a business idea for starting a business. In our guide we will show you how to find a business idea and whether it is also suitable as a basis for your own company.
Anyone planning the step into self-employment needs one thing above all: the right business idea. This not only has to be convincing for the long-term success of your own company. Above all, it must be well thought out and offer the respective target group added value that has potential over a long period of time.
Start your own business - yes, gladly! But which idea is the right business idea for this?
How to find the right business idea as a self-employed person
Before it comes to whether your business idea is actually convincing, you should first consider what you can offer based on your training and your knowledge. Have you perhaps already identified a need for a particular business idea in yourself? Many business start-ups are based on personal experience: the self-employed then use a gap to establish themselves in everyday economic life.
In principle, founders - regardless of the specific product or service - have the following options when it comes to finding the right business idea:
- own invention: You have developed something completely new and would like to use this invention as the basis for your company. In this case, the business idea is tied to the invention and is usually characterized by its innovative and creative nature.
- Franchise: Those who are not quite as creative can also use the business ideas of others that have already proven themselves in everyday economic life. With a franchise system, you can also start your own business quickly and successfully as a start-up. In this case, the business idea is detached from your own ideas and leaves little room for your own creative approaches.
- Requirement: As a consumer, you have certainly been annoyed when you needed products or services and did not find them. Do you want to start your own business? Great, then use this gap in the market as a business idea for your own company!
Find out about possible business ideas!
As a business start-up, information is very valuable: therefore, look for opportunities and information material whenever the opportunity arises!
You can exchange ideas at founders' round tables all over Germany
Business ideas also arise in exchange with other founders. They have a neutral view of their own idea and can help with words and deeds if there is a hitch in the development of the business idea. So-called founders' get-togethers offer a good opportunity for an exchange: They enable direct contact to existing companies after they have been founded, but also to other founders who are still in the middle of planning their business start-ups.
There are regular start-ups all over Germany - some exclusively for start-ups or for start-ups in special industries. The most important events of this kind include, for example, the RuhrSummit for the Ruhr area or the CEDUS founding round table in the Düsseldorf area.
How to develop your own business idea
Even the most successful company started with a vague idea: only gradually, the mind game turned into a real business idea - and from this the company with future prospects. As a founder, you should proceed carefully and in a structured manner in order to develop your idea and plan the start-up based on it.
The following steps and considerations have proven effective when developing the business idea:
- You are convinced of your idea: Only an idea that you stand behind 100 percent can also be “sold” to investors and banks. Do not forget that you have a need for financing when starting a business. You can only cover this if you can inspire third parties with your idea. Half-hearted ideas that you don't really like as a self-employed person will also be difficult to convince outsiders - not to mention potential customers that you would like to win after setting up your own business.
- Your idea falls on fertile ground: Of course, you cannot reinvent the wheel even with the best idea. Nevertheless, there must be a certain need for your product or service - otherwise, in the worst case, customers or clients will not be available. Therefore, despite all the euphoria, ask early on whether your idea is actually needed. If you take a look around the start-up scene, you will see numerous examples of failed start-ups: It is not uncommon for the need here to simply not exist to sustain a company in the long term.
- You are able to implement your idea: You have a great idea, but you don't have the necessary know-how to implement it yourself? Look for co-founders to pool knowledge and use it together for a goal. Establishing a team means minimizing risks - and developing ideas together.
Inspirations also come from one's own environment
The search for the perfect idea for starting a business can also arise from your own environment. What are consumers looking for? What is missing from the offer? And what could you offer yourself? If you ask around, you will definitely get more than an idea for the step into self-employment. Make a list of mind games - this is part of the creative preparation for starting a business. When you have gathered enough visions, it is time to sort them out: in the best case scenario, you will then leave one idea with which you can get started in your own company.
Which business ideas are particularly promising?
Whether IT or catering: some business ideas have often shown resounding success in the past. The most successful ideas include, for example:
- Blogger or influencer
- special delivery services (e.g. for certain consumer groups)
- Online stores
- Online marketing
- Virtual assistance
- Online courses
You have found the right business idea - what's next?
Even with the right business idea, it is not enough to start up a business. After all, the idea has to be implemented - that's why the next step on the way to self-employment is now at the latest. An important cornerstone is the creation of a business plan. It shows in writing how you want to turn your business idea into a successful company. But this also includes the consideration of how you take into account parameters such as financing, marketing and legal principles.
Only after the business plan has been completed can you start looking for financiers and investors, or you can consider whether you would like to involve other founders.
Author: Susanne Khammar
‹Back to the planning & business plan section
- Work the steel cell
- What are the multiple taekwondo belts
- How do you rate banks
- How are 12-digit phone numbers possible
- Why is a mega-quake of strength 20 impossible
- How famous is the Pakistan Super League
- Electrolysis can occur in nature
- What is Butte MT known for?
- Piccolo is the strongest Namekian
- Why is the library function needed in c
- Talent acquisition is the new fire sale
- Who are the most underrated Indian actors
- What more does my image website need
- How does chemistry affect sport?
- There are disadvantages to regular meditation
- Has talent to do hard work
- Who will win this FIFA World Cup
- How do I stop smoking addiction
- How do debuggers work
- What is the structure of direct democracy
- Halo is more than Star Trek
- How does stress feel?
- What is a perfect incomplete flower
- Is it worth dropping out of college