What is an FC layer
FC layer model (fiber channel reference model)
The FibreChannel protocol is structured in five layers, which are much finer than the OSI layer model; they all appear in the network layer of the OSI model. The hierarchical model begins with the lowest physical layer FC-0. It specifies transmission media, their parameters, connections and data - [@ throughput] (from 133 Mbit / s up to 1.0625 Gbit / s). In layer FC-1, signals are coded and decoded, mostly in [@ 8B / 10B] coding. Layer 2 takes over the [@flow control] of the data with the help of the [@ credit procedure], which controls the data transmission between data buffers ([@BB_Buffer]) and devices. On the third level, FC-3, the transmission is adapted to the type of transmission: The same information is sent to many recipients as a “multicast” transmission; "Striping" increases the bandwidth by connecting ports in parallel. The top level FC-4 regulates interfaces for applications and the adaptation to "higher" protocols - here the data transmissions adapt to protocols for exchange with other networks or devices, i.e. TCP / IP for the Internet, SCSI for disk systems, and so on. Only above this, i.e. in the next OSI layer, are the "Upper Level Protocols" (ULP), which define, for example, whether a FiberChannel network functions as a SAN or simply as a conventional IP network.
Glossary - F.
- What are some sentence examples with precursors
- Which frustrates people at school
- Apart from advertising how Quora makes money
- Watch 16 year olds watching porn
- How can we strengthen C programming skills
- Screen time can affect a child's development
- How can you trust your own skills
- In what order should I see Spartacus
- What are some examples of GIS
- The ketogenic diet can be harmful
- How is our cash flow created
- How do crowdfunding websites make money
- Which is the oldest Hindi book
- Why did parasitic plants evolve?
- What is recursion in Java
- Can your hair turn red by accident?
- How to say everyone in Dutch
- Are there petrol stations at ship anchors?
- What do you think of Ukraine
- How to prevent pipes from freezing
- What are popular honeymoon destinations in 2018
- What are the main CSS rules
- What is a conference visa
- Is there a Bitcoin address wallet for India