How can I reset my AMD drivers
Problem solver: Clean driver installation for graphics cards
Numerous problems with the graphics card can be solved by a clean installation of the GPU drivers. If your system is suffering from software or image errors and the graphics card is twitching, the best solution may be to completely get rid of the current driver and then reinstall the current version.
Graphics card manufacturers like AMD even go so far as to advise removing the old driver if you want to update the graphics card driver to avoid problems.
And in fact, this is generally recommended. While it may be an exaggeration that a clean driver install works wonders, it is often used to fix problems. Modern graphics card drivers are complex programs that nestle deep within your computer. You can already see that by the size: The drivers from AMD and Nvidia are now around half a gigabyte. The drivers are basically designed by the manufacturers in such a way that the new version builds on the predecessor. In this way, the user's settings are retained even after an update. However, this very fact can sometimes cause problems. Uninstalling the old version and installing the current update, on the other hand, refreshes everything and thereby prevents potential conflicts between the different driver versions.
Even representatives from AMD and Nvidia admit that many graphics card problems can be solved with a clean reinstallation of the driver. With AMD you should therefore always select the option "Factory setting" during the driver update with a tick. This is because you first uninstall the old driver and restart the system before the installation of the new driver begins.
If you have a Geforce graphics card from Nvidia, resetting the driver works as follows: First start the installation process, click on “Custom installation” and make sure that you have activated the “Perform a clean installation” box. Then continue the installation as usual.
But be careful: With either method, all settings that you have made will be lost. For example, if you have configured certain color values or 3D settings yourself, you will have to repeat the settings after the update. If you have changed a lot, it is best to write down the relevant options before reinstalling.
However, a clean installation is not always enough to solve problems with the graphics card driver. Because sometimes they unfortunately sit deeper. In this case you really have to completely remove the graphics driver from the system. Third-party software will help you with this. The best-known free tool is "Display Driver Uninstaller", or DDU for short. In addition to folders and files, this program even completely removes registry entries for the GPU driver from the computer. Therefore, it is recommended that you create a system restore point before uninstalling. If desired, this can be done conveniently directly in DDU. The program is also largely self-explanatory. For example, it recommends switching to Windows safe mode to uninstall drivers. This can also be done directly via DDU, after the restart the program opens automatically.
After successfully removing the old driver, you can reinstall the new version. That should fix even stubborn graphics card problems. However, the tool cannot help with physical defects in the card.
However, it can sometimes happen that the new driver is faulty. In the event that everything worked perfectly with the previous version, please simply download this version again from the AMD or Nvidia website and remove the new version completely in order to reload the previous update. In this context, generally pay attention to the so-called release notes in order to be made aware of known problems with certain models.
Tip:Buying advice: How to find the optimal gaming graphics card
- How can I be active and productive
- What is initiation polymerization
- What are the 7 wonders of Pune
- How can Africa become a developed continent
- Is psychic communication scientifically possible
- The crusades were unchristian
- Fdi in India 1
- Who is better Coutinho or Isco
- How many Trinidadian live in India
- What are LTE protocols and specifications
- Samsung is the next Apple
- Shiv Nadar University is recognized by the UGC
- Who was Aleksey Khomyakov
- What is filter_var in PHP
- What skills does a businessman need
- How do Punjabis treat guests
- Can you do 20 pull-ups?
- Can I forecast with logit regression
- Is it wrong to hit your kids?
- How can I forget my good friend
- Do looks and money matter in dating
- Restore photo after reset
- How to say fire in Latin
- Are the winnings in online gambling limited
- How does the time shorten
- How do deal aggregators work
- Which is older Mario or Luigi
- How do you relate to books?
- What does it mean to name Christians from Kerala
- Gambia has cars
- Can non-Christians forgive as Christians can
- What are the best pc games online
- H pylori is highly contagious
- Why do people hate and forget others