How was SAP SE founded
The SAP AG is a software company in Walldorf. The abbreviation SAP stands for "S.systems, A.applications, P.roducts in data processing ".
- In 1972 five former IBM employees founded the company SAP System Analysis and Program Development.
- In 1982 more than 250 companies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland were already working with the SAP software.
- In 1988 SAP is converted into a stock corporation, international business is built up through the establishment of national companies in Denmark, Sweden, Italy and the USA.
- In 1993, SAP began working with Microsoft, building a development center in Foster City / California (USA) (near Silicon Valley).
- 1995 "manager magazin" selects SAP as company of the year. The almost 7,000 employees generate sales of DM 2.7 billion.
- 1999 takes place on 1.1. the transfer of operations of the CEC Karlsruhe from Digital Equipment GmbH to SAP AG takes place and the new global unit SAP Research is founded with its first location SAP Research CEC Karlsruhe.
- In 1999 the company donated the chair for entrepreneurship at the University of Karlsruhe and will sponsor it for 10 years.
- In 2004 SAP AG recorded an annual turnover of 7.5 billion euros.
Various charitable foundations have emerged from the company's environment:
Klaus Tschira Foundation
In 1995 the physicist Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira, one of the founders of SAP AG, founded the Klaus Tschira Foundation charitable GmbH (KTS) to promote research in computer science, natural sciences and mathematics as well as public understanding for these subjects. Examples of activities in and around Karlsruhe:
Dietmar Hopp Foundation
In 1995 the foundation was founded by Dietmar Hopp (* 1940), one of the founders of SAP AG, as a non-profit GmbH and endowed with assets of 28 million SAP shares. Today it is one of the largest European private foundations. In 1999 the Dietmar Hopp Foundation sponsored the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, today Karlsruhe University of Technology - Technology and Economics, with 2.5 million DM Students to improve.
Software for the US armed forces in Iraq
In 2003 the company hit the headlines because it supplied the software for the renewal of logistical processes in the US armed forces in Iraq.
- What is Aikido Dojo
- How good is the Amway business
- Automation will soon replace teachers
- How do we elect the president of a country
- How to become an astrophysis
- What are some plumbing hacks
- Have microcontroller operating systems
- How can I deal with my disrespectful girlfriend
- Where will Groupon be in 2014
- What is the medical procedure for NDA
- Is there an eyewear shop in Vellore
- Did Wikipedia really make Astroturf's dream come true?
- How does Greek literature affect us today?
- What is your favorite green cabbage salad recipe
- Is argon oil good for your hair?
- How do I get Vladimir Putin's autograph
- What is the richest city in Estonia
- ALEC is run by the religious right
- How is Gateforum classroom mechanics course
- Pain makes us a better person
- How to Draw Equations in Matlab
- Leaves Louis Litt the suits
- What is a logical contradiction
- Which is the most successful Hulk movie