Will cause nerve damage to itch
Persistent pain after shingles (post-zoster neuralgia)
Persistent nerve pain can be treated in several ways:
- with anticonvulsant drugs (anti-epileptic drugs),
- anti-anxiety drugs () and
- pain-numbing patches.
If nerve pain persists, anti-epileptic drugs such as pregabalin or gabapentin are often used. They are initially combined with pain relievers as they take some time to work. Then the pain medication can be stopped again.
If anti-epileptic drugs are not enough, it is possible to take additional drugs. Both inhibit the transmission of pain to the brain and dampen the excitability of the affected nerves.
If the pain is limited to one part of the body, plasters with pain-numbing ingredients such as lidocaine or capsaicin may help. Studies suggest that high-dose capsaicin (8%) patches can reduce nerve pain.
Which active ingredient and which combination is suitable depends on the severity of the pain and how you tolerate the medication. It is therefore very important to describe to the doctor as precisely as possible how severe the pain is, how the remedies work and whether there are any side effects.
Other treatments such as or are not adequately explored in studies. It is therefore not possible to reliably say whether they work and how well they are.
If the pain persists despite treatment, it can make sense to contact a doctor specializing in pain therapy or neurology, a pain center or a pain clinic.
- Which is better Amrita Bangalore or Amritapuri
- In bug reports, what are test cases
- All meat substitutes have mycoprotein
- How would the Prophet Mohammed Sikhs see
- Behavioral Economics What Comes After Consumerism
- How do you improve your personality
- What are the benefits of learning Farsi
- What are Putin's strangest phrases
- Will HTML5 ever overtake native mobile apps?
- What is a bullhorn fixie bike
- What is Unsecured Business Loans
- Are black boxes a violation of privacy?
- What is a facade doing in Laravel
- How is Swansea University in the UK?
- What does the FAFSA cover
- What are the types of ladders
- Can non-Christians forgive as Christians can
- Which cinnamon do you prefer
- Do men really want monogamy
- How do loans work in professional football
- How can I restart the USSR
- What is Asia Minor now
- How would you describe William Shakespeare
- Silica gel causes cancer
- How strong is blood type AB
- Why don't you make it easy for yourself
- What are some old TV sitcoms
- Are redheads hot
- What do you think about rock music
- What are the best home appliances available
- What's the best sequel to the Pixar movie
- Why do monarch butterflies migrate
- What is the cure for incessant urination
- Why is honey good for your voice