Service Host UtcSvc is a virus
The utcsvc.exe process in Task Manager could be a cover for a computer infection
Utcsvc.exe is a program file in Windows that can be responsible for running various applications. The file is owned by Microsoft and may also be used by some system processes. However, in most cases, the file is considered potentially dangerous.
According to VirusTotal's statistics, 12 of the 55 major antivirus programs detect the file as malicious. Hybrid Analysis, on the other hand, delivers even higher recognition rates. Emsisoft also identified more than 100 files that are associated with utcsvc.exe and are classified as untrustworthy.
There is no doubt that the file can be the cause of unwanted activity on the computer. It can apparently be used to spread malware and Trojans. It is currently unknown which cyber threats the file is being used to spread or carry out. However, it is known that the process is capable of performing the following tasks:
- Launch ransomware on the computer
- Encrypt or delete files
- Installation of spyware
- Stealing personal information, such as bank details, credit card information, login details or other confidential information
- Installation of other malicious programs
- Open backdoors.
So, if you've noticed that the computer is behaving strangely, such as displaying system warnings, bombarding the browser with aggressive ads, or some files failing to open, you need to open Task Manager and check the running processes. If you see utcsvc.exe it could be responsible for the problems.
Before you remove utcsvc.exe, however, you should scan the file with a security application to make sure that it is really malicious. If the file is not malicious and you remove it, you could damage your computer, operating system, or some programs.
Also note that a professional malware remover should be used for safe removal. You are welcome to use ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner for this.
Utcsvc.exe can be distributed as a safe looking file
The malicious utcsvc.exe file can be spread disguised as a file, program or update. In most cases, computer users are tricked into installing the file voluntarily. The exe file can appear in these forms:
- Email notes
- Illegal program or file (e.g. film, music)
- Fake software update
- Bogus anti-virus program or similar
If you recently opened an attachment to a spam e-mail or downloaded illegal content, make sure that you have not also installed malware. In general, caution applies to the Internet. In order to prevent cyber attacks, one should refrain from high-risk activities on the Internet.
End the utcsvc.exe process
Before stopping or deleting the program file, you have to check whether it is actually harmful. If you are 100% sure that it is dangerous then you should not delete utcsvc.exe on your own. If it belongs to malware, it can be linked to numerous other components that must also be removed.
We strongly recommend installing a professional antivirus or anti-malware program to remove utcsvc.exe. ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, or Malwarebytes are all tools that can effectively clean the system.
- Can emotional bonds develop without trust?
- What if I learn the piano
- How many Americans support LGBTQ rights
- Why do birds migrate and why animals hibernate?
- Is the world black and white
- What other musicians deserve a biography
- Electric cars are low-maintenance
- How is a nuclear reactor dismantled
- What unforeseen events does travel insurance cover?
- How do you shave your pubic hair
- WeWork has big competitors
- What's the secret to being charismatic
- Who is more powerful than Braun Strowman
- What is the main function of the AC contactors
- What happened to WinAmp
- Offer plumbers free estimates
- How do divers die
- What is dynamic analysis
- Damaged guavas people with kidney disease
- How useful it is to speak for yourself
- Why is Lata Mangeshkar the greatest singer
- What are some interesting niche historical facts
- How is the fee structure at SVCE
- Facial scrubs will help prevent wrinkles