Can i drink black tea
How much black tea can you drink a day?
The same applies to black tea as to all caffeinated drinks - everything is okay in moderation, as long as you keep the water balance in balance. It's easy to do by using a delicious fruit tea, which is also known as a tea-like infusion drink. Because, unlike black or green tea, these teas are absolutely caffeine-free and can be drunk indefinitely throughout the day. The EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) classifies 400 milligrams of caffeine per day as safe for an adult. This means that around one liter of black tea a day is okay, a little more than green or white tea - where the recommended amount is around 800 ml.
The effect of black tea
Just like coffee and green tea, black tea naturally also contains caffeine. However, the caffeine content is only about half that of normal coffee. The caffeine content in a cup of black tea is around 40 to 70 milligrams, depending on the variety. The stimulating effect of caffeine is also less with black tea, but it lasts much longer than with coffee. The metabolism and brain activity are stimulated, thus increasing attention. This is due to the tannins contained in black tea, which bind the caffeine and only release it gradually to the organism. It always depends on how long you let your black tea steep. With a steeping time of up to about three minutes, black tea has a stimulating effect and when it is brewed for four minutes or more, the stimulating effect is reduced.
Other ingredients of black tea
Among other things, black tea also contains fluoride, which ensures healthy tooth enamel and prevents tooth decay. Due to nutrients such as B vitamins, minerals and trace elements as well as secondary plant substances, black tea is a great drink to replenish the body's water balance. The essential oils contained give it its wonderful aroma and the tannins, which amount to around 0.3g per cup, ensure the typical taste.
Be careful with certain groups of people
The disadvantage of the otherwise so good tannins is that they can cause discomfort in people with sensitive stomachs. Furthermore, especially pregnant women should be particularly careful when consuming black tea. Due to the caffeine they contain, they not only harm themselves, but also the baby. As with coffee, pregnant women are advised not to drink more than about three cups of black tea a day.
Spread over the day, around six normal cups of black tea can be classified as harmless. However, these are only estimates and everyone reacts differently. Therefore, you should always pay close attention to your body and its signals. If you notice that you are sensitive to the caffeine or other ingredients in black tea, then you might want to give a green tea a try. Our Bancha green tea, for example, contains very little caffeine and can therefore be drunk all day long. You can find out how much green tea you can drink a day in this article.
- Why do you say that God exists
- How can small businesses reduce currency risk
- What are the most enjoyable math facts
- Breathe fire
- How big is love when it is big
- Can statins cause abdominal pain
- What is the carbonaro effect
- Is b bow of course good at SRM
- Do you regret studying philosophy at university?
- What are the best help desk experiences
- How hilly is Pittsburgh
- Why don't Mi phones have Android updates
- Is god proud
- People are still buying MP3 players
- Which religion is older Hindi or Jain
- How can we absorb carbon monoxide
- Will VMware Player run on Ubuntu
- Why doesn't Trump just arrest Mueller
- Why don't super glue work on metal
- How is chemistry at MNIT Jaipur
- What are curly braces used for?
- How many bridges are there over the Ganges?
- What is the least reliable sports car
- Will diet companies ever go away?