What are some shortcomings of HTML5
Web development: HTML5 puts Flash on the sidelines
There are several reasons for the general move from Flash to HTML5. However, there are two main arguments: HTML5 has the status of an open web standard and does not require an additional plug-in. While Flash as proprietary software is under the control of Adobe, HTML5 becomes open and independent in one international body developed and documented. The web standard is therefore available to every software developer without restrictions and license conditions.
Multimedia content is over at HTML5 native audio and video elements as well as the Drawing surface canvas integrated directly into the source code of a website. An additional programming interface such as Adobe Flash Player is therefore not required. In this way, HTML5 circumvents a central security gap that Adobe has not yet been able to reliably close: every additional plug-in that has to be installed in the web browser offers hackers a target. In addition, a separate plug-in is required for each platform. Multimedia content that is embedded in a website via HTML5, on the other hand, can be displayed across platforms, as all well-known browsers are now able to interpret HTML5. Even if Adobe wants to continue to support Flash, the technology is unlikely to develop significantly. Instead, the service will likely be limited to providing security updates.
The new multimedia elements of the Hypertext Markup Language not only put Adobe's proprietary software on the sidelines. Also Microsoft's Flash alternative Silverlight, which is offered as a separate plug-in for various browser models, has to admit defeat. In the Edge web browser, which was presented together with Windows 10, Microsoft does without the plug-in interface. Instead of Silverlight, HTML5 should primarily be used to display multimedia content. Flash content is also still supported, but like Chrome, the player is no longer a plug-in, but a module integrated into the software.
Website operators should also react to this development and convert Flash content into HTML5-compatible formats.
- Do arranged marriages take place outside of India?
- Which artist sang the song Resurrection?
- Pakistan is a free country
- What is Coreaudiod on Mac
- Who developed SQL
- More people are learning Esperanto these days
- Do detox drinks work for ETG
- Video ads perform better than pictures
- Can lasers be caught in a waterfall
- Which is the best school in Dwarka
- What do you know about testosterone
- What is a corrupt quality
- How are social media networks rated
- What do you think people are rethinking
- What does cardio training mean 1
- Why are my parents so angry
- What is the full form of MPEDA
- Astrophysics is just a jumble of words
- Could a perpetual motion machine eliminate the shortage
- How would you describe the politics of Chhattisgarh
- Should I stop multitasking?
- How can we charge Jio freely
- How does the United Nations implement decisions
- What is the main function of the AC contactors