Why is Aoun now supporting Hezbollah?
Seehofer takes action against Hezbollah fundraising campaign
As the spokesman for the ministry, Steve Alter, announced, the ban on the associations "German Lebanese Family", "People for People" and "Gib Frieden", which was already pronounced on April 15, began with searches and seizure measures in Bremen, Hesse, Hamburg and Lower Saxony , North Rhine-Westphalia, Schleswig-Holstein and Rhineland-Palatinate completed.
Violation of international understanding
"Those who support terror will not be safe in Germany," said Seehofer, as his spokesman announced on Twitter. "Regardless of the clothes in which his supporters appear, they will not find a place of retreat in our country," added the minister, who is currently in quarantine at home due to a corona infection.
The three forbidden associations are said to have collected donations and sponsored Hezbollah "martyr families". The aim of the associations was to promote Hezbollah's fight against Israel, which goes against the idea of international understanding, the ministry said. Because the certainty that the bereaved would receive financial support in the event of their death increases the willingness of young Hezbollah supporters to take part in the fight against Israel.
Police carry out raids after Hezbollah was banned from operating last year (archive)
According to the assessment of the security authorities, the three associations had been founded to replace the association "Orphans Project Lebanon". The then Federal Minister of the Interior, Thomas de Maizière, banned it in 2014.
Seehofer banned Hezbollah in 2020
Hezbollah is a party in Lebanon with its own TV station, charitable projects and its own well-equipped militia. It is supported financially by Iran and with the delivery of weapons. Hezbollah militias fought on the side of the troops of President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian conflict. According to the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, Germany is not an action space for the movement, but a place of retreat.
In the last published report of the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, the potential of Hezbollah in this country was estimated at around 1050 people. Interior Minister Seehofer had banned Hezbollah in March 2020.
nob / kle (rtr, dpa, afp)
- Why is my head ringing
- Can I study BA online?
- What is communications engineering
- How do I use Bootstrap offline
- What makes your password secure
- What does an escalator cost
- Why is paper so valuable
- How is Freshman Housing at Drew University
- What is currently in fashion
- What is the limitation of hydropower
- Can I buy Sony PlayStation 4 online?
- What is the skill difference between soldiers
- How does dry drowning work
- Why can't I enjoy music?
- What's your rating of WPX hosting
- How am I admired
- Where can I see Annabelle Creation
- Can i have new friends
- What is the richest city in Estonia
- Where is Parkland Florida
- Which environmental factors influence water research
- Makes OCD people asexual
- How many degrees of latitude are there
- Should I choose Carnegie Mellon or Vanderbilt