What is the symbol of resistivity
Specific resistance ρ (rho)
Each material has its own resistance, which depends on the atomic density and the number of free electrons. The resistance is therefore also called specific resistance. This means the resistance that relates to a specific material.
The shorter the cable length and the larger the cable cross-section of the material, the lower the ohmic / electrical resistance. The dependence on the line length is explained by the fact that the electron movement is more strongly inhibited over a longer distance than over a shorter distance. Changing the cable length and cross-section only changes the ohmic resistance.
The specific resistance is a material constant and is therefore a firmly defined value.
Definition: The resistance of a conductor 1 m long and 1 mm² cross-section at 20 ° C is called the specific resistance.
The reciprocal of the specific resistance is called electrical conductivity.
The symbol of the specific resistance is ρ (rho) from the Greek alphabet.
Unit of measurement
The specific resistance is given on the basis of 1 m length, 1 mm² cross section at a temperature of 20 ° C.
Formula for calculation
Examples of specific resistance (at 20 ° C)
|silver||ρ = 0.015|
|copper||ρ = 0.01786|
|aluminum||ρ = 0.0278|
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- Why do I easily lose focus
- What is the significance of the fractional oxidation number?
- Would you recommend Swagbucks
- How to uninstall the vGrabber toolbar
- What is the USPS Manifesto
- What a fancy car screams and tries too hard
- Why are autonomy and responsibility socially important
- How do Wacom tablet pens work
- Why don't birds chirp in the afternoon
- What software is used in website design
- Who are America's opponents
- What is your favorite red table wine
- How is the color of the pixels encoded
- Do Apple AirPods have noise suppression?
- Why is equality not important
- Why sucks Android
- What distinguishes the city of Chicago
- What foods would you eat continuously?
- How do I get Vladimir Putin's autograph
- What disappointed you about moving to Missouri
- Minoxidil is a permanent treatment for baldness
- Do you believe in marriage after death?
- How did Hyde Park get its name
- Multiple inheritance is supported in PHP
- Which scale sounds jazziest
- Which landforms characterize Morocco
- Are evangelical Christians viewed as religious extremists?
- Make skateboarders better surfers
- ENT doctors think for themselves
- How porn humiliates women
- What is the acronym ATQ
- How can I reduce hair loss
- Do some Sinhalese support federalism?
- How can digital marketers strengthen domain authority