What is the tactical importance of Tatooine
Star Wars 9: we explain the meaning of Rey's lightsaber
After a whopping 42 years, the star saga, once created by George Lucas, culminates in its grand finale with Star Wars 9: The Rise of Skywalker. Once again there is a fight between Jedi and Sith, light and darkness.
The confrontation between Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) leaves traces on our heroine, which become noticeable in the final moments of the film. One lightsaber is of great importance for the emotional end of the sequel trilogy.
Watch out, follow it massive spoilers for The Rise of Skywalker.
Rey overcomes her own darkness in The Rise of Skywalker
At the end of Star Wars 9, Rey can overcome her own darkness and realize who she really is. Not who she has to be according to her parentage, but who she wants to be by her own actions. She finds her place. That is done by a very special item evident in the final moments of The Rise of Skywalker, which lead us back to Tatooine.
After she let Luke and Leia's lightsabers sink into the earth on the Lars estate, the place where Luke Skywalker once grew up, she activates a new lightsaber:
This one has a black handle and, surprisingly, a yellow bladewhich we haven't seen in the movies before. But what does that mean for Rey and her future?
The importance of Rey's new lightsaber in Star Wars 9
After she always carried a borrowed lightsaber, first that of Anakin and Luke, and later that of Leia, her new lightsaber means that she is now a Jedi. Because according to the rules of the Jedi Order every Jedi has to make his own lightsaber. The appearance of the hilt suggests that Rey made her sword out Share their staff made a weapon that she always carried with her.
But that is even more interesting Color of the blade, because so far we only saw yellow lightsabers in the new canon in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. In both series it was always the guardians of the Jedi Temple, whose blades were yellow. By the way, each color always symbolizes the personal characteristics of the wearer.
- Blue lightsaber: Jedi with blue lightsabers are said to be righteous and brave. In addition, the blue blade stands for a close spiritual bond between the Jedi and their crystal.
- Green lightsaber: Jedi with a green lightsaber are mostly considered individuals who Unity and harmony to appreciate. Often it was older, wise Jedi, so-called Jedi consuls, who used a green lightsaber.
- Violet lightsaber: A rare color that only by a few Jedi was used. Since this blade is a combination of red and blue, its wearers have a strong affinity for the light as well as the dark side of the force. They are also feared for their aggressive fighting style.
- Red lightsaber: These are primarily associated with the Sith. Since these, in contrast to the Jedi, do not have any binding to the crystal in their sword, they have to create their sword differently. With strong negative emotions they corrupt the crystal, bring it to bleed and color it so red.
- White lightsaber: Only Ahsoka Tano uses white lightsabers, which symbolize her masterful control of power represent. With the help of the Force, she was able to purify the red lightsaber crystals of an inquisitor and turn them white. Furthermore, the white blades stand for theirs independence, since she belongs neither to the Jedi nor to the dark side of the Force.
- Black lightsaber: The dark sword is a lightsaber from the time of the Old Republic, which was created by the Mandalorian Tarre Vizla. It evolved into the Symbol of domination of a united mandalore.
What does Rey's yellow lightsaber mean for her role in the Skywalker saga?
A yellow lightsaber however, especially in Rey's case, it has a very special meaning. Jedi, whose weapon had a yellow blade, represented a certain one Balance, because they used their fighting skills as well as tactics and knowledge in confrontations. They thus symbolized as Jedi Guardian, in a way a unity of strength and wisdom.
Furthermore, Rey's yellow lightsaber stands for her outstanding role within the Skywalker saga, which she especially with the chosen one prophesied by the Jedi Anakin Skywalker connects.
Her lightsaber is the symbol of balance, as it is a kind of "silent" blade, somewhere between Jedi-blue and Sith-red. This indicates that Rey is the embodiment of the new balance of power.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker has been going on since 18th December 2019 in German cinemas.
What do you think of Rey's new lightsaber?
- What is Coreaudiod on Mac
- Who needs to retire from the NBA
- Has ice cream eggs
- What happens to patients after clinical trials
- How do abrasion and erosion differ?
- What happened to the American NSDAP
- How can I be successful in logistics
- What are the top 10 EAMCET colleges
- How can someone on Dr. Ford stand
- Which is the most successful Hulk movie
- What is the scope of augmented reality
- Have you ever been to Central Asia
- What is important for AdSense
- Which countries are hot in October 2019
- Can men be socialized as gay?
- Who is really the Grim Reaper
- Are glasses allowed in the British Army?
- Are DC fans better than Marvel fans
- Why aren't all harmful drugs banned?
- Who are the best Uruguayan footballers
- Why is collaboration important
- What is between analog and digital
- Why does NYC have its own taxes
- Why didn't Tesla design flying cars
- What are some interesting stress interviews
- What does LS mean on a tire
- Who is the father of the pharmacy
- Why did objects float in the water?
- Is college funding for the senior year project
- Is Obamacare still in effect
- How many blocks are there in San Francisco?
- Can a robot thread a needle?
- What is the additive inverse of 0
- How can I forget my good friend