How many types of molded parts are there
The main tasks of the plastics test consist in the investigation, evaluation and labeling of the different materials and the specification of characteristic values (see material characteristic value) with the associated measurement uncertainty. The plastics to be tested can be in the form of powder, granulate, test specimen, semi-finished product, finished product or component. According to the definition, the term molding compound is understood to mean unformed or preformed materials that are processed into semi-finished or finished parts by means of mechanical forces and increased temperatures through non-cutting shaping. The molding compound becomes a molding material. Molded parts are products made from molding compounds such. B. can be produced by pressing, transfer molding or injection molding in tools closed on all sides and subsequent cooling [1–3].
Types of molding compounds
In plastics processing, different molding compounds are used, which either have solid properties as bulk goods (see: bulk density) or are in the form of liquids as a polymer dispersion or solution. These are essentially:
- Cylinder pellets from strand pelletizing
- Cube granulate from belt granulation
- Cylinder granulate from underwater granulation
- Lentil granules from underwater granulation
- Splinter granulate from cutting granulation
- Spherical powder from synthesis
- Powder from grinding processes with an irregular surface
- Dispersions and
Technological and processing-specific properties
In the case of solid molding compounds, due to the different size, geometry and surface topology of the granulates or powders, there are differences in their bulk material properties. The knowledge of the bulk material properties is essential for the optimal design of dosing and conveying devices of processing machines as well as the screw or tool geometry.
In the case of dispersions and solutions, the concentration of the polymer in the solvent or dispersion medium determines the rheological behavior and thus the processing properties.
After all, it is the properties of the polymer melt; H. the state of the highly viscous liquid in which the polymer is during its processing, which determine the effectiveness of the processing process and the quality of the resulting product.
The need for precise knowledge of the processing-specific properties results from the requirement for optimal processing design and material optimization from the processing point of view. This requires, on the one hand, the use of processing-relevant test methods and, on the other hand, precise description and testing of the polymer materials from a processing-specific point of view .
|||Woebcken, W .; Stoeckert, K .: Plastic Lexicon. Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich Vienna (1998) (ISBN 3-446-17969-0; see AMK book collection under G 3)|
|||Orthmann, H. J .; Mair, H. J .: The testing of thermoplastics. Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich Vienna (1985)|
|||Bierögel, C .: Manufacture of test specimens. In: Grellmann, W., Seidler, S .: Kunststoffprüfung. Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich (2015) 3rd edition, p. 17 (ISBN 978-3-446-44350-1; see AMK book collection under A 18)|
|||Radusch, H.-J .: Determination of processing-relevant properties. In: Grellmann, W., Seidler, S .: Kunststoffprüfung. Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich (2015) 3rd edition, p. 43/44 (ISBN 978-3-446-44350-1; see AMK book collection under A 18)|
- Where can I rent furniture in Gurgaon
- How to say eloquent in Arabic
- How dense the population is Korea
- How do you define resilience
- What are the best secrets to be had
- How does Google track users without cookies
- How many apples are in a pound
- What made you think about today's society
- Does mercury affect the ascendant
- What are some ways to trigger you
- In which environments do bacteria live
- What is the shrinkage goal in BPO
- What is democratic legitimacy
- How many iPhone users are there worldwide
- What are some good examples of pataphors
- What was the first twist in the plot
- Business loans for women
- What software do hackers use
- How the URLs work in Trello
- Where did the dowry culture come from?
- What is the Chevrolet Camaros version of Shelby
- Farsi and Persian are two separate languages
- Has Cinepolis at Kukatpally IMAX
- Life as a doctor is always tough
- Who was Rabindranath Thakur
- How is BIMTECH and IFIM for PGDM
- What is the vagus nerve stimulator
- Are pandas dangerous in the wild
- How far can large airplane wings move
- What is the best way to learn easily
- Are you mental 2
- Is it rude to oppose clitoral removal?
- No metals at the moment
- What was your experience focusing on physics