What are some interesting Chinese customs
Chinese customs and traditions that will surprise you
Every country has certain customs or traditions that enrich its culture. Customs that may surprise or even clash with what would be normal for you. Before embarking on an exciting journey, it is important to know a little more about the place you are going to visit. It is part of the travel culture to have knowledge that will be given a high priority as you conduct your trip. China is one of the countries that will amaze you. The Asian giant is a whole world in itself. Traditions that may seem very strange to you as the Chinese people are part of their daily life.
The New Year and the dragon, unique symbols of an extraordinary culture
The New Year celebrations is one of the most extraordinary and surprising Chinese customs. Unlike the rest of the world, the Chinese celebrate the New Year according to their lunar calendar, so there is no exact date for this festival. However, there are some indications that make this tradition incomparable.
Did you know that the Chinese New Year celebrates the world's largest annual migration? That's right, Chinese people travel to their hometowns to meet with their families and experience this traditional holiday together.
On the other hand, another Chinese custom that is widespread in the rest of the world is the great importance of the dragon as a symbolism. The Chinese are the sons of the dragon, a powerful figure who allies with their emperors. It is a great idea to get to know the dragon realm in 5 *.
The food, the Chinese customs that will seem a little strange to you
In the gastronomic field you can find many things that will surprise you. Customs and traditions of completely different cultures lead to a clash of what can be described as normal or exotic. The food on the street is one of the reference points that characterize the cultures of the countries, a hot dog in the streets of New York, a delicious arepa in Colombia or Venezuela, etc. and so in every corner of the world. But in China this will seem a little strange, you can get insects here, yes, insects! Scorpions, crickets, cicadas, what do you want to try?
Do you want to continue to amaze yourself with Chinese food? You have probably heard that dogs are eaten in China and you try not to believe it. But we have to tell you that you need to open your horizons a little more to understand that this can be perfectly normal.
You didn't really like that with the dogs? It's just a different culture. However, there are many Chinese food customs that may seem strange but not uncomfortable. An example of this is breakfast and hot water. Maybe you are used to having a juice, fresh fruit or something natural for breakfast. The Chinese usually eat a hot breakfast, which, by the way, is not that bad. Tea, for example, is one of her passions and so drinking hot water is quite normal for her: what is the Chinese tea ceremony and what is it made of?
Knowing these Chinese customs you can be sure that you are not being rude
Not knowing the culture and traditions of a country like China can result in not welcoming you or feeling rude. Therefore, you have to consider certain behaviors that should not necessarily be done in the Asian country.
Don't stick the chopsticks in the rice, it can be very rude as it means you want the death of the person who served you the food. Another tip is that when you are in a restaurant or hotel, DO NOT tip, it could also be considered impolite.
Another thing to avoid is pointing your finger. Little by little, you'll learn gestures that can be rude to your Chinese friends.
More facts about Chinese customs and traditions
Here are some customs you might find interesting from the Chinese people:
- They are used to bathing at night, preferring to take a refreshing bath in the morning.
- They spit on the floor, despite the fact that authorities have banned it and are trying to stop it, it is a difficult habit to eradicate.
- You take a nap at work, usually there are periods when employees can take a nap in offices or factories.
- You love table tennis, it is very easy to find spaces in public places to practice this sport. People of all ages practice it every day.
After all, you may have heard that in China, only one child is allowed in a family. This is no longer the case, the second child is now allowed. This was a measure taken to reduce the incredible population growth. However, the gender imbalance and labor shortage forced this law to be abolished.
- How are chalacias treated
- Is Boba bad for you
- Can I buy Sony PlayStation 4 online?
- Prozac is considered a benzodiazepine
- The personal training industry is saturated
- Are theoretical concepts necessary
- Ning is still actively being developed
- What language was WhatsApp made of?
- Who assigns the port number to the processes
- How can people read your mind
- Does the Apple Store offer a replacement simulation
- What is meant by Red Data Book
- How is the ITS Dental College Murad Nagar
- Why doesn't the US destroy North Korea?
- How can I cancel my SBI account
- How does Adderall XR treat anxiety
- How difficult is the gate test in the instrumentation
- How do we shut down yahoo
- Can a cardiologist go on vacation
- Why should we fear Google because of data protection
- Why isn't Russia in the 2018 Olympics?
- Do drawing tablets work with iPads
- Have you ever met Janet Jackson
- What are some famous museums in Paris
- Latest version of Microsoft Office
- Well worth moving to San Francisco
- Why is immigration good for the UK?
- With the takeover of Facebook, WhatsApp remains free
- What does it mean to be a soprano
- What is an exciter stator
- How is gaming as a hobby?
- Can a bossless company be successful
- Is Real Madrid better than Barcolona
- How do tidal waves occur