Are Apple earphones waterproof
Are the Apple AirPods (Pro) waterproof? Overview of all models
AirPods, AirPods 2, AirPods Pro: The small wireless headphones from Apple are very popular. Thanks to their compact design, they can be carried easily in practically any situation. But what about protection against water (rain, bathtub) or sweat from sports? GIGA clarifies whether the Apple AirPods are waterproof and what to look out for with the charging case.
Are AirPods waterproof? Overview of all models
The AirPods (1st and 2nd generation) are not waterproof and also not waterproof. This also applies to the associated charging cases.
The AirPods Pro are not waterproof, but they are water protected. The associated charging case is neither waterproof nor water-protected.
|waterproof and sweatproof||water and sweat protected|
|AirPods (1st generation) / charging case||No no||No no|
|AirPods (2nd generation) / charging case||No no||No no|
|AirPods Pro / charging case||No no||Yes No|
Differences: What do the terms "waterproof" and "waterproof" mean?
- waterproof = protection against water jets and submersion.
- water-protected = protection against dripping and splashing water, but no protection against water jets and submersion
Apple AirPods (1st and 2nd gen.) Are not waterproof: What can you do with the headphones?
Apple itself does not advertise the AirPods as waterproof. That means that the AirPods are not officially protected from water, sweat and other liquids are. So if you accidentally pour a glass of water over the headphones, the liquid can theoretically penetrate the inside and cause damage. As a customer, you will then probably have a bad chance of receiving free help from Apple Support. In such an accident, it is best to dry the AirPods as soon as possible in order to counteract any corrosion damage. This also applies to the contacts in the charging case.
Rumors vs. manufacturer information: In practice, the AirPods (1st and 2nd Gen.) have proven to be surprisingly resistant to water, as some forum reports and YouTube videos are supposed to show. Nevertheless, one should not forget that this is not the official information from the manufacturer.
AirPods Pro are waterproof: can you go out in the rain? What is allowed?
It's not that strict with the AirPods Pro. The charging case must be kept away from water - both of them earphones but are at least water protected. What that means exactly is explained by Apple on the support page, information about the AirPods Pro's sweat and water resistance.
In practice, "water-protected" means that the AirPods Pro are protected from dripping and splashing water, for example if they get a few drops in the rain. To be on the safe side, you shouldn't submerge the AirPods Pro in water to take a shower or hold it under the tap. The water vapor in saunas or steam baths is also not good for the AirPods Pro - so it is better to leave them outside.
Good to know: The manufacturer's information relates to items that are as good as new. Over time, the seals and materials used in the headphones age, so that the water protection of the AirPods Pro becomes weaker and weaker and can even disappear completely. This is part of normal wear and tear.
- What is Hoffmann Elimination Reaction
- Atheists, what's wrong with this picture
- How do you play EarthBound
- How are you different from your sister
- How do you define resilience
- What is Accidental Food Additive
- How is MySQL 5 installed on Linux
- How did ancient civilizations measure years
- What do you mean by vermicomposting
- Is salty soil acidic
- What's the worst thing about mindfulness
- Explain the factor on which the friction depends
- How does a cycloid gear work 1
- How do the Brazilians see their capital
- What company offers real email marketing services
- Who is Evan McMullin
- How much is 50 of 1 75
- Google's digital marketing certification means something
- Are ATM cards waterproof
- What are some examples of strange sets
- Is spirogyra unicellular or multicellular
- What is Pragma Inline in Oracle
- What is a cos inverse
- How to initiate an effective debate
- Which channel will Michigan Football be on?
- How do artists get such beautiful signatures
- Is Debian Linux or Unix
- What do sloths eat
- Who is Daniil Medvedev
- What are some really brutal NSFL videos
- How long does the keratin treatment last
- Why is lava called that
- Why do you reject evolution
- Why do small organisms have an evolutionary advantage?