Turmeric milk has anti-cancer properties
Warning, risk of addiction! Golden milk - or Turmeric latteas the IT drink is often called - promises lasting health and tastes amazing Well. Whether at home, on the couch, for breakfast in the porridge or as a delicious smoothie addition, the delicious turmeric is a must All-rounder. Here you can find out everything about the golden milk - recipe, interesting facts and healing effect of turmeric! The preparation of our turmeric paste is quick and easy - so you have more time to enjoy the delicious hot drink.
Anti-cancer medicinal root from India?
Turmeric has gained more and more attention in recent years. Whether exploring Indian cuisine, from IT drinks like turmeric latte or in science - turmeric lies trending. But what can the root, which belongs to the ginger family, really do? We take a look!
Turmeric was already there 4000 years ago in India used and was considered sacred. It is a central part of traditional Indian healing art Ayurvedawhere it is among the "hot" spices - that means turmeric purifying and energy saving Should have effects.
Even today there is a hype about turmeric. The positive properties are said to be of bowel stimulating up to anti-cancer pass. Whether all the ascribed abilities are really true remains questionable. The study situation has not been clearly clarified. What we do know for sure is that turmeric is the Gastric juice and Bile acid production stimulates and thus supports digestion. (1)
But it's only now getting really exciting: turmeric, or more precisely the component curcumin, should antioxidant and anti-inflammatory Act. (2) For example, one study found an improvement in Knee osteoarthritis, (Joint wear) shown by curcumin. (3) Some scientists have also looked at curcumin and its influence on it cancer busy and in some studies one protective effect recorded. Indeed contradict the studies are mutually exclusive and clear evidence of an anti-cancer effect has not yet been found. [4, 5]
When eaten together with black pepper, curcumin is absorbed 2000% better in the intestines.
Another exciting fact revolves around the absorption of turmeric from food: curcumin is in the Intestinal reabsorbed and then reaches the liver via the blood, where a large part is immediately broken down. So the curcumin does not reach the entire body and cannot develop its positive effects. But turmeric is common with black pepper eaten, this effect is nullified. The Bioavailability, i.e. the proportion that really reaches the entire body, should be increased by 2000%. That's why we enjoy our turmeric latte with a pinch of pepper! (6)
How turmeric affects that Intestinal flora has not yet been researched. But there is certainly still a lot more interesting to discover in this area. What we eat namely has a significant one influence on the composition of the intestinal flora. Here you can find out more about the right nutrition for your intestinal bacteria!
At least for the time being they stay magical abilities of turmeric so theories. Even so, turmeric seems to have a positive effect on digestion and health and not to forget, it tastes and looks wonderful beautiful out. So according to the motto, maybe it will help and it definitely won't do any harm!
- 4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 8 tbsp water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg, grated
- a pinch of black pepper
- Honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 350 ml milk of your choice (cow, almond, oat milk, etc.)
First we provide one Turmeric paste - it's best to keep it in a mason jar in the refrigerator for about a week. So you have a small supply right away and can enjoy the turmeric latte at any time.
To do this, mix water with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a small saucepan. The pot heat and let the liquid simmer for a few minutes until a thick mass results. Do not leave the pot alone and keep stirring - so nothing will burn. Let the finished paste cool a little until it is in a Jar is filled. Incidentally, plastic containers are not particularly suitable for this, as the turmeric rubs off heavily.
Now it’s also about the "bar”Share of the drink! That means that next we take care of the milk. These in a small saucepan heat and stir in a teaspoon (or more!) of the turmeric paste. As soon as the golden milk is nice and warm, that Add coconut oil - that's what makes the milk really smooth and makes the turmeric latte like liquid gold down the throat. If you like, you can now decorate the turmeric latte with a pinch Cinnamon and pepper - this gives the drink a little kick and helps with the positive effects. Finished!
Now you should definitely make yourself comfortable and the Flavor explosion really enjoy! Because it's not called Golden Milk for nothing - a particularly delicious hot drink awaits you here! And if your cravings for Indian spices are still not satisfied, then try the turmeric paste in Oatmeal Porridge or in Mango and banana smoothie. Your imagination knows no boundaries! For good 😉
(1) Brockhaus Encyclopedia. in 24 volumes, 19th completely revised. Edition, Volume 5, Brockhaus, Mannheim 1988, p. 56.
(2) Aggarwal BB, Shishodia S, Takada Y, et al. Curcumin suppresses the paclitaxel-induced nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in breast cancer cells and inhibits lung metastasis of human breast cancer in nude mice. Clin Cancer Res. 2005; 11 (20): 7490-8.
(3) Madhu K, Chanda K, Saji MJ. Safety and efficacy of Curcuma longa extract in the treatment of painful knee osteoarthritis: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Inflammopharmacology. 2013; 21 (2): 129-36.
(4) Tsvetkov P, Asher G, Reiss V, Shaul Y, Sachs L, Lotem J. Inhibition of NAD (P) H: quinone oxidoreductase 1 activity and induction of p53 degradation by the natural phenolic compound curcumin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005; 102 (15): 5535-40.
(5) Menon VP, Sudheer AR. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 595: 105-25.
(6) Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, Majeed M, Rajendran R, Srinivas PS. Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Med. 1998; 64 (4): 353-6.
- What are curly braces used for?
- Where can I buy Dragon Skin Armor
- What is Faith Based Education
- How is life in Windsor
- What are the uses of quartz glass
- Why we need social welfare in India
- What is most needed in your city
- How do I become heartless and emotionless
- Can solar panels be 3D printed
- Which instrument should I learn after the ukulele?
- Deltas only form along rivers
- How good is Tunecore
- Why Transfarmer is rated in KVA
- Can I afford to buy an apartment?
- How do I block all noise
- What are secretory proteins
- Twitter hashtags can have spaces
- What is Cheggs Technology Stack
- When do doctors perform an organ transplant
- Will Bran Stark marry Dany
- What is Saskatchewan's Transportation
- Can I get PG in Guwahati
- What would Google make more popular
- What are some preventive diagnoses for cancer