Why are people so against immigration?
German conditions. A social studies
(& copy picture-alliance, JOKER)The International Organization for Migration (IOM) estimates that almost 200 million people are currently living temporarily or permanently outside their countries of origin. The IOM assumes that this number will continue to rise in the context of advancing globalization. Historically, however, migration is not a new phenomenon. Individuals, groups and entire tribes left their regions of origin at all times in order to settle in other areas for the most varied of motives. Migration is an integral part of the cultural history of mankind.
Migration has now become a global phenomenon, but the global migratory movements do not follow a uniform pattern. They are influenced by different national immigration regulations with which individual countries selectively open or close. In addition to the political framework, economic, e. B. the structure and absorption capacity of the labor market play an important role. The networks of migrants are also important: if a larger group of immigrants already lives in a destination country, compatriots often follow them because they hope for support in looking for work and accommodation and communication is easier.
In the following, we will focus on migration to Germany. A look at other countries is only thrown to better classify the German characteristics. In terms of time, the phase after 1950 is considered. The refugee flows during and after the Second World War, which are directly related to war and displacement, are ignored, as are earlier migration processes.  In addition to the presentation of the quantitative migratory movements, the question of the integration of migrants, which is closely linked to migration, is dealt with in detail.
 For an overview of previous migration processes see Oltmer (2010).
- What was the biggest victory in football
- Hooks hurt sharks
- How would I sell my 1 kidney
- What is the future of weather forecast
- What is the best travel music playlist
- What resolution does this sharp flat screen have
- Why did my Instagram unsubscribe me
- What is the best yoga teaching insurance
- How is the new Spectranet broadband service
- Can Trump cure poverty
- How about HDFC private sales jobs
- Are hairline cracks in walls dangerous
- For whom is engineering physics best suited?
- Is the Prevagen Memory Supplement actually effective
- How strong is your morale
- What is the youngest MLB team
- What is a core 6
- What jobs can a computer scientist do
- Why is LA popular
- Why doesn't Flickr offer an option to buy
- Is it true that atheists don't believe
- Can you get married in Tahiti
- How do I send personal items internationally
- What games offer free bitcoins