US study New agent kills coronaviruses in cells and mice
It sounds a bit like the ultimate weapon against corona, which the team of researchers from US universities in Wichita, Iowa, Kansas and a New York research center has developed: broad-spectrum antiviral agents that, according to the scientists, should help against all coronaviruses. These are a number of antiviral compounds called 3C-like protease inhibitors that target an enzyme that is essential for coronavirus replication.
As the researchers report in their study published in Science magazine, they succeeded in using various variants to inhibit or kill SARS-CoV-2, the MERS virus and other coronaviruses, both in cell cultures with human cells and in mice.
Virus volume reduced by 90 percent
Since there are currently only a few effective antiviral agents (such as Remdesevir) and no approved vaccines, the researchers recommend further developing their active ingredients. Even with accelerated development in corona times, this can still take many months or years.
Also cured cat peritonitis
According to the study, the potential of the active ingredients goes even further. The researchers used one of the coronavirus 3CLpro inhibitors (GC376, currently in clinical development according to the publication) in cats with infectious feline peritonitis (FIP). This disease is almost always fatal. In this case the disease could be stopped. The use resulted in "clinical remission", as the publication states. In other words, all the signs of the disease disappeared.
- Is Trump a big threat to Syria
- How fast can 3D printing get?
- Health administrators wear scrubs
- How can I test my computer monitor
- How do I learn embedded in C ++
- How often should students meditate?
- What problems does EMDR
- Are DC fans better than Marvel fans
- What if there was no keyword research?
- What are some proven alternatives to TunnelBear
- What are the best channels on Ustream
- How can I make liquid hash oil
- Why couldn't Frodo destroy the ring?
- Should I study A + to learn hacking
- Will Bitcoin ever replace fiat money?
- What is vacation travel
- What treatment is best for stomach ulcers
- What do you think of T Mobile
- What is the best coaching for NID
- What is the secret behind India's booming economy
- How can I make money with 1
- Kotlin will dominate Android development next year
- All hurricanes hit the Florida coast
- Can cannabis help with long-term anxiety