What is Shatapatha Brahmana
The Shatapatha Brahmana (Brahmana of the Hundred Paths) is a text written in prose that was compiled from the 8th to the 6th centuries and describes the Vedic Rotual. It is associated with the Shukla Yajurveda.
The text survived in two variants
- Madhyandina (ŚBM, des vājasaneyi madhyandina śākhā)
- Kanva (ŚBK, des kāṇva śākhā),
the former with 100 adhyayas, 7,624 kandikas in 14 books, and the latter 104 adhyayas, 6,806 kandikas in 17 books.
The texts describe details of Vedic rituals including the philosophical and mythological background. The Shatapatha Brahmana contains parts that are much older than 300 BC. are. In particular, there are references to an original mother-earth worship and to unnamed snake deities and human sacrifices.
It also contains recitations of key myths from the Vedic era, including the Flood of Manu, and an expanded creation myth that includes the "cosmic egg" motif.
- Archives: Satapathabrahmana
- Weber, The Catapatha-Brahmana, Berlin, 1949.
- Max Müller, The Satapatha-Brahmana, Madhyandina School, Vol. 12. Part 1, Book 1 and 2, Clarendon Press, 1882; Reprinted from Motilal Banarsidass, 1972.
- Moriz Winternitz, A History of Indian Literature (Vol.I), Second edition 1972.
- W.P Lehmann - H. Ratanajoti, Typological syntactical Characteristics of the Śatapathabrāhmaṇa, JIES 3: 147-160.
- Satapathabrahmana - Eggeling - online
- The Satapatha Brahmana - Sacred Books of the East, Vols. 12, 26, 24, 37, 47, translated by Julius Eggeling [published between 1882 and 1900]
- Titus White Yajur-Veda - Text: SBM Śatapatha-Brāhmaṇa
- The Satapatha Brahmana in the Kanviya recension, Willem Caland, Motilal Banarsidass, 1998, ISBN-10: 8120812859 ISBN-13: 978-8120812857
- Mantra Interpretation in the Śatapatha-Brāhmaṇa, Jan Gonda, Orientalia Rheno-Traiectina (August 1997), ISBN-10: 9004087761 ISBN-13: 978-9004087767
- Sacred texts: The Satapatha Brahmana, Sacred Books of the East, Vols. 12, 26, 24, 37, 47 - translated by Julius Eggeling - online
- Where can I buy a folder
- Would Malunggay help treat acne
- Which GoPro is the best for underwater
- Why are my parents so angry
- What is your opinion on Straight Pride
- Why do birds make territories
- What are the best columns from Bill Simmons
- Do Finnish Swedes speak Finnish
- What happens when an anaconda eats poison
- Should I study mechatronic or genetic
- If 0 is an empty set
- What is the economics behind the daemonization
- How is journalism at Kalindi College
- How does lethargy feel emotionally?
- Can Facebook actually become privacy-friendly?
- What are antimicrobial drugs
- How do traffic bots work
- What is an experimental drawing
- What are the cons of niche marketing
- Are there petrol stations at ship anchors?
- Is Java partially object-oriented
- What is a good laptop for college
- How to say hacker in Swedish
- What is sharper a steak or paring knife
- Why did Charles X of France abdicate?
- What is an interesting fact about Buddhism
- SharePoint is free with Office 365
- Limburgish is closer to Dutch or German
- Is a window sill direct sunlight
- What are the functions of a gearbox
- Which MBA specialization requires more communication skills
- What Makes Curly Hair Curly
- Are dormitories more pleasant or hostels rooms
- What is Debugging in Java