Astronauts listen to music in space
Alexander Gerst in space : What music the German astronaut hears at takeoff
Even if the space mission to the ISS is a highly scientific matter, there are various traditions, messages and emotional extras related to the journey through space. We have noted a few.
Blessings and rituals
In a prayer on Tuesday, an Orthodox priest blessed the rocket. He said a prayer at a makeshift altar at the base of the rocket. Then he sprinkled holy water on the rocket, as well as by bystanders of space personnel and reporters. The crew was not present at the ceremony.
One of the customs before the start is the flattened coin: A locomotive tows the rocket out of the hangar. In front of the launch pad, engineers, technicians and relatives of the spacemen lay coins on the tracks that the train crushes - for a successful and safe flight. By the way, the crew doesn't watch the rocket set up: a groom doesn't even see his bride before the wedding ceremony.
Alexander Gerst will draw attention to the Unicef campaign “Dreams are limitless” on the ISS. Together with the United Nations Children's Fund, Unicef Ambassador Gerst calls on young people to work for a better world for children, as Unicef Germany announced in Cologne.
Playlist at the start
Alexander Gerst (42) has published a list of songs for the rocket launch. The selection is based on suggestions from Twitter users. "On the launch platform, 1 hour before take-off during the pressure tests, the crew listens to music over the radio," Gerst tweeted. For that he needs ideas.
1. Captain Future Theme (from the animated television series "Captain Future")
2. Castle in the snow (The Avener)
3. The man-machine (power plant)
4. When You Go Forward (Triangle Sun)
5. Astronaut (Sido feat. Andreas Bourani)
6. Five minutes (Her)
7. Today Here Tomorrow There (Hannes Wader)
8. Destiny (Zero 7)
9. Sunny Road (Emilíana Torrini)
During his first stay on the ISS in 2014, Alexander Gerst was a kind of social media outpost called Astro_Alex: he regularly sent pictures and impressions. His fans hope for repetition via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
How do astronauts who have returned to Earth react? The 42-year-old Gerst knows: "This is how you can recognize astronauts on Earth: They are sitting there with two pens, a spoon and a coffee mug in hand because they are not used to being able to put something down." Dpa / AFP
- What is a market trend
- Why does my pregnant cat keep meowing
- Do men really want monogamy
- What is nitrogen meaning
- Why can't I make money online
- What a band is Rise Against
- Why are Democrats taking over Colorado
- Republicans got upset after Obama won
- Does OTS affect my CIBIL score
- How does sleep deprivation affect your thoughts
- Password managers are not hackable
- How rich is considered rich in Bloxburg
- I don't care what people think
- Why is the resurrection of Jesus so important
- Authors, how do you develop your characters
- How can people read your mind
- What are the basic characteristics of protochord data
- What makes non-ionizing radiation non-ionizing
- Which is the best virtual assistant
- How can I get an internship at paytm
- Why is Verizon so fast
- Which Marvel Comics characters play musical instruments
- What is a Mueller-Lyer illusion
- Should I learn Arabic or Spanish first?
- Why does vitamin C have citric acid
- Which DC characters would you come with?
- How accurate is an M4 rifle
- What is a BMD machine
- What makes parent-child relationships beautiful
- How much is the Europa League worth
- How to become an astrophysis
- What is the PhD hierarchy in Capgemini
- Which companies based in Copenhagen, Denmark have APIs
- What are the attributes of accounting