How can we drift in space
Space exploration and exploration
Up-close exploration: orbiter technology
Mankind is a giant leap forward in exploration when exploring planets, moons, or asteroids up close. This is done with space probes that orbit the celestial body in an orbit - an orbit. The challenge for such orbiters: They have to travel great distances, and at the same time their systems have to function under extreme space conditions, because the data should be reliably transmitted to Earth.
OHB Sweden did pioneering work for European orbiter technology: in 2003 the company took partSMART-1 (Small Missions for Advanced Research in Technology) the first European space probe to the moon. She tested a solar-electrically powered ion drive, new navigation and communication technologies and examined the chemical composition of the lunar surface. This ESA mission gave space research important insights into the formation of the moon over four billion years ago.
Getting into the atmosphere safely: entry technology
Whenever we penetrate into space in space research and reach unknown celestial bodies, this poses new challenges for the entry technologies: Depending on the planet or moon and the speed of rotation, the atmospheric conditions are different. Spacecraft, for example, have to be prepared for this in their technical infrastructure so that they are not damaged when they enter the atmosphere and can do their job.
Arriving outside the earth without damage: technology for precise landings
The surface of the earth is largely known - and for the most part experts know how and where take-offs and landings can be carried out. If in doubt, they can be tested relatively easily. But even on the (earth) moon, trying it out is much more time-consuming. In general, landing safely and damage-free on foreign planets, moons or asteroids is a difficult discipline - and a real challenge for engineers. Because other gravitational forces, different surfaces and temperatures or winds that are difficult to calculate increase the technological demands on the systems. OHB has repeatedly done pioneering work in many studies and projects.
- What do hedge funds celebrate
- Is bullet journaling good for ADHD
- What are some unnecessarily detailed Wikipedia articles
- Make Sociopaths Better CEOs
- Social media is here to stay
- Do you regret studying philosophy at university?
- If gays can get married, why can't they have siblings
- Watch Donald Trump Netflix
- What is quantum encryption
- What is an example of incomplete dominance
- How is intellectual property moral
- How do I use 7zip
- Are Yemeni Jews Arab converts to Judaism
- Do you believe in rock n roll
- UFOs were found
- What are the first steps of programming
- Can I make money with poultry
- Should the UK split up
- What is the cardinality of this set
- What made Nokia phones so reliable
- Which factors make TCP reliable
- What drugs can cause unpredictable flashbacks?
- Can Superman become a green lantern
- How to take courses on Coursera
- Back up data from cloud service providers
- All theology is inherently dangerous
- What makes Quora friendships so special
- What are the different Android versions
- What is the medical procedure for NDA
- Who is the tallest model
- Adding butter to milk makes buttermilk
- How can we prevent bulling behavior
- Latest version of Microsoft Office
- What are the latest makeup transformation techniques