The PlayStation Pro requires an internet connection
Setting up your PS4: the first steps for your PlayStation 4
Do you have a new PS4 or PS4 Pro and now want to set it up? So that nothing goes wrong when starting the new console, we explain here how to put your new PlayStation 4 into operation - step by step.
The setup of the PlayStation 4 is generally not particularly complex. However, there are a few things you should consider.
1. Set up PS4: These are the first steps
Connect the console to your TV with the included HDMI cable. Supply the PS4 with power and switch on the console using the power button. You connect the PS4 controller to the console using a USB cable in order to couple it and make the other settings.
2. Set up an Internet connection via WLAN or LAN
After choosing the language you want, the next step is to connect the PS4 to the internet. In many cases this should happen via a WiFi network, alternatively you can also connect the PlayStation 4 in the classic way using a network cable. A LAN cable is expressly recommended for a stable and fast connection. Should you still have problems with the download speed of your PS4, you can improve the speed with one tip.
In the further course you can now change the energy saving settings and other points. As a rule, however, the standard settings can be left as they are. Finally, you have to accept the End User Agreement, which means that the setup of the PS4 is complete.
3. Here you can adjust the video output settings
Since the video settings are automatically adapted to the television when connecting via HDMI, you usually do not need to take any action here. If you still want to change the resolution or the RGB range manually, you can do this under "Settings> Sound and picture> Video output settings". The resolution can normally remain set to "Automatic", otherwise it is usually set to 1080p. If you have the PS4 Pro and a 4K TV, you can select 2160p here if the automatic detection does not work.
4. Create a PSN account and log in
If you are successfully connected to the Internet, you usually first have to download and install the latest software from the network. You can check this under "Messages> Downloads". If you don't have a PSN account yet, for example from the PS3 or PS Vita, you can create one directly. A PlayStation Network account is not required. In order to be able to use all features, such as online gaming or downloads from the PSN Store, it is essential.
Log in to your PSN account under "Settings> PlayStation Network / Account Management> Log into PlayStation Network" or create a new account. Here you can also decide whether you want to become a member of PS Plus or not.
PS Plus is a paid subscription. This membership is required to be able to compete against other players online. In addition, Sony provides games for the PS4 month after month, which you can play after downloading as long as your subscription is active. You can also decide at any later point in time whether you want to take out a PS Plus subscription.
5. More free memory by replacing the hard disk
Now you are ready to finally start playing. Either insert a game into the PS4 drive or download a demo or game from the PSN Store. If the capacity of your hard drive should ever run out, you basically have two options: Either you delete old files from the hard drive or you replace your HDD with one with a larger capacity. With the PS4 Pro, it works in the same way, only the position of the lid is different.
Summary: Connect & set up a new PS4
- Power the PS4 and connect it to the TV via HDMI
- Press the power button on the PS4 and connect the controller to the console via USB
- Connect to the Internet during setup, via WiFi or LAN
- Video settings can be changed under "Settings> Sound and Picture> Video Output Settings"
- Sign in with PSN account Set up "Settings> PlayStation Network / Account Management> Sign in to PlayStation Network"
- Otherwise, set up an access if necessary
- Who is the funniest Bollywood actress
- Why can hardware work without software
- What is a discursive essay
- You can put decals on the walls of the dormitory
- What does an IQ of 152 mean?
- How can we manifest our desires
- Theresa May is Margaret Thatcher in reverse
- What is regolith science
- What did you recently present to your mother
- Should I dye my hair blonde
- Where can I get an Oman certificate
- Is the Vivo S1 Pro smartphone waterproof
- What makes a disabled person feel stronger
- How does Whatpadd give copyright
- How do I find out the electricity costs
- Which company provider Land Survey in the USA
- Are smoking breaks unfair to non-smokers?
- Will bleach water go bad
- Have nark obsessions
- What's wrong with this picture 4
- Is something really important in this life
- Kylo Ren has no siblings
- What is the deterioration of Ghanaian culture
- What is a bundt pan