What is a vampire goth
What all vampires have in common is that they lack energy. Vampires - even the modern ones - see themselves on the dark side of life. They share their loneliness.
In order to be able to participate in life, modern vampyrs, like their role models, the mythical vampires, steal energy from other people. This happens through a strong physical or emotional presence and the associated attraction of attention, power or money, in very rare cases also through a real blood exchange.
Vampires or vampire lovers, who often belong to the Gothic scene, are mostly self-critical and doubting people who think a lot about themselves and the world.
Special fashion, dark music and pale skin are just a few superficial characteristics. In addition, they often love poetry and have a penchant for darkness, which can lead to an interest in cemeteries, graves and tombs. They share a melancholy mood.
The journalist Britta Radkowsky and the forensic biologist Mark Benecke have dealt with Gothic music and fans and are considered specialists in this field.
Radkowsky is a journalist and book author, Benecke deals with this scene as a forensic biologist and as an author, also from a criminalistic point of view. Both deal with modern vampyres and have, among other things, conducted interviews with people from the scene.
In Benecke's "Interview with a Vampire", when asked what interests her in necks, a young woman answers: "The skin. And the idea that there the blood flows and you can feel the throbbing. The mere idea is enough. And the skin: the whiter, the better. "
The passion goes so far that it's not just about the pale skin, but about the blood itself, the sign of life that is hidden behind it.
But not every Goth is a vampire. Most figuratively steal energy. "There are vampires who withdraw energy from other people," explains the anonymous interviewee further, for example "people who come into the room and immediately dominate it."
As long as you are not forced to act against your will, she finds people sympathetic, "who are good at dealing with others. You don't really notice whether they are forcing their will or not."
Anne Rice and her fans
In the 1980s at the latest, the love of vampires blossomed, which was mainly due to the rise of AIDS. The disease, which is associated with blood and sexuality and is also fatal, was the trigger for a heightened interest in the vampire theme arose.
In the 1980s, a cult around the bestselling author Anne Rice spread. At first there were a few hundred members of her fan club. But with Francis Ford Coppola's film adaptation of Dracula and then especially with the film adaptation of Anne Rice's novel "Interview with a Vampire" in the 1990s, the number of fans quickly grew many times over.
Britta Radkowsky explains in her book "Moderne Vampyre" about the annual meeting, the "Annual Gathering of the Coven", which was partly organized in Anne Rice's house:
"Up to 7000 vampire lovers in elaborate costumes romped about at this event at peak times to live out their mythical reality, which was initially based on purely aesthetic feelings, with others."
With the declining popularity of Anne Rice, who at some point the fan cult around her person became too much and who therefore consciously withdrew from her fans, the vampire cult has also decreased a little.
But the scene is still there: On the Internet and in clubs, at concerts or meetings that can be assigned to this subculture, you can meet representatives of the various groups of vampirism.
And vampirism also remains alive in other areas: for example, in role-playing games, vampire fans meet and slip into the roles of vampires according to a more or less predetermined set of rules. Even if not only in the character of Dracula, but in various forms - vampires really seem to be immortal!
WDR | Status: 08/24/2020, 9:27 am
- Recommend substance abuse
- How can you spend money from Venmo
- Does someone like to sleep with shoes on?
- What are some popular internet services for consumers
- What is the best hydraulic cone crusher
- Prozac is considered a benzodiazepine
- How many animals are killed by tests?
- How feasible is my venture idea
- Is a good translation of
- What are the corporate wellness ideas
- Why are investment banks necessary
- Who should marry a Libra
- Should morning prayers be done in schools
- Homo habilis evolved from australopithecines
- Is arranged marriage against human rights
- How do mathematicians go about proving a theorem?
- Do you like iOS 12
- What is the best Swift Unit Testing Framework
- What are different types of acl
- What is barbie dolls full name
- Where can I buy E100 ethanol fuel
- Can outperform MSN BBC this season as well
- Will Apple products ever load Flash?
- How well do you know an octopus
- What are the requirements for justice
- How do wildcard SSL certificates work
- Will electric cars end the oil age
- How do I convert paraxylene to benzene
- Is it worth learning to program python
- Is circumcision performed on babies using anesthetics?
- Is BTS still real
- Will the rust belt ever recover?
- Is there a cure for epididymal cysts
- What are social insects